question about discharge | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

question about discharge question about discharge

Unread 06-23-2010, 05:53 AM
question about discharge

Just wondering if this is normal....

I've had my TAH keeping both ovaries on june 9th. I bled for maybe 2 days, nothing heavy, just light spotting at most. But ever since then, I've had a yellowish discharge...is kinda watery. It's not alot but still enough that I have wear a panty liner at all times. Any info will help, thanks ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2010, 06:16 AM
Re: question about discharge

Hi Madison

I had no bleeding immediately after the surgery. Around day 8, I started spotting (pinkish) and it continued for about 10 days. Docgtor said that this would occur as stitches started to dissolve. Every now and again, I get the occasional pink spot...

I had LAVH. No yellowish discharge, hopefully someone else can provide you more info.

Take care and remember to

Unread 06-23-2010, 06:28 AM

I have it too. I saw my doc yesterday and she said it was from healing stitches. I also have a yeast infection. It's weird because I don't have the normal discharge with that so I didn't realize it. I was just itching to death and swollen. She gave me Diflucan and also some Estrogen cream. The combination worked wonders for my dryness and irritation. I guess my hormones are a little out of wack from the surgery and things are a little moist in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2010, 02:11 PM

thanks for the replies, I'll keep an eye on it and as long as it doesn't get worse, I'll just see what happens with it. Anyone else have this too (besides kward that is ) Just wondering how many women have it too...can't be just us two right? have a great recovery girls!!
Unread 06-23-2010, 02:17 PM

Well I've been having a lot of yellow discharge but it is because I have weakened / nicked bowel after the surgery. The yellow discharge I'm having is like a small period and it has fecal matter in it. I don't think you are having the same problem but it's good to have it checked out in case of infection.
Unread 06-23-2010, 02:21 PM

I have it still at 9 weeks post op
Unread 06-23-2010, 03:07 PM

Are you having a scratchy like discomfort inside? I did,... along with the yellow discharge, which had an almost strangely sweet odor. Went to doctor 6 weeks post op because it got worse when I started back doing normal activities like vacuuming or standing a lot. He said I had granulation tissue. This has to be treated and removed with silver nitrate. Please get it taken care of because it is kin to scar tissue and needs to be taken care of. I thought the doctor had gotten it all but I think it is coming back and I am at 2 months post op now Felt fine for a week after the treatment. Went back and he told me it was gone but that it could come back but would be a smaller amount each time until it was gone. He said If I saw that yellow discharge again to call him because that was the granulation tissue. This is an over growth of your own skin which doesn't allow the stitches to heal properly.
Unread 06-23-2010, 03:10 PM

I've had alot of diarrhea since my tvh with anterior and posterior repair, I am wondering if this came from something that was maybe nicked on my bowel... I thought I had food poisoning but I never threw up!
Unread 06-23-2010, 06:43 PM

I have kinda the sweet smell to it too.....I think I will call my doctor's office tomorrow just to be safe.
Unread 06-23-2010, 10:44 PM

Hi there I too have this problem, with the smell, I just thought it was normal but I have to wear a liner too and am wondering how long it will last. my dr is useless and I dont see the gynay until 12 august

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register