LAVH terrible nausea, neck and head pain and unable to urinate | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

terrible nausea, neck and head pain and unable to urinate terrible nausea, neck and head pain and unable to urinate

Unread 10-12-2012, 08:34 AM
terrible nausea, neck and head pain and unable to urinate

I had my lavh Wednesday morning at 7am. I have only felt worse and worse After each day. Ican't hold anything down, my abdomen and the three incisions are hurtjng so bad. My doctor wanrs me to urinate 200ml but I canr even drink anything with out vomiting. Has anyone else had this happen? I've been given everything and nothing is helping. I just want to go home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Re: terrible nausea, neck and head pain and unable to urinate

I'm vomiting up stomach bile and my abdomen is so swollen
Unread 10-12-2012, 11:16 AM

A lady on my recovery board came down with the stomach flu and was in same situation as you, she ended up tearing internal stiches and was in a real bad way, if you are home i would go to er and get checked or dr office. Also ask for zofran it will help nausea and make vomiting stop. Hope you feel better fast and call dr ASAP! I had vomiting and diarrhea in hospital and they were determined to make it stop ASAP and i only had SAH. Keep us posted.

Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2012, 11:26 AM

The swelling of stomach is normal after surgery for a while. Mine still swells. It healing and all the gas. The gas can be causing the nausea too, it did in my case. But i would still call dr and see what he says concerning the vomiting.
Unread 10-12-2012, 01:22 PM

Did you use Morphine in the hospital for post-op pain? If so, it can cause a horrible headache with nausea/vomiting and a hangover effect that lingers for about 3 days. Zofran or Phenergan should help with nausea.
Unread 10-12-2012, 03:28 PM

I am given delaudin? I asked them to stop and give me just lortab but they are keeping me because the swelling is accompanied by a large bruise and my blood cell count is low. They aren't sure if I'm bleeding internally
Unread 10-12-2012, 04:07 PM
terrible nausea, neck and head pain and unable to urinate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleybeans View Post
I had my lavh Wednesday morning at 7am. I have only felt worse and worse After each day. Ican't hold anything down, my abdomen and the three incisions are hurtjng so bad. My doctor wanrs me to urinate 200ml but I canr even drink anything with out vomiting. Has anyone else had this happen? I've been given everything and nothing is helping. I just want to go home
Hi! Sorry for your suffering. I understand wanting to go home. I had problem with urination when I had my surgery in Jan. 2011. My doctor said that I had trauma to my ureter b/c of the surgery. If your doctor would prescribe some estrogen cream to apply topically to the urethra it might help. This made a huge difference for me in being able to eliminate. Good luck!
Unread 10-12-2012, 05:49 PM

The dilauded in the hospital the first day made me nauseated and projectile vomit. They gave me zofran which quickly fixed the nausea and then switched me to 800 mg ibuprofen and 10/325 norco taken together. It's been amazing for pain, but makes me itch all over. I'm home resting, pretty much painfree, but doped and itchy. Gonna quit the norco tomorrow to see if the itch goes away. Hope you are feeling better soon.
Unread 10-12-2012, 08:37 PM

I ended up being discharged with 10/500 lortab, to be taken with one benedryl, and zofran along with motrin and klonopin. The lortab, benedryl, klonopin combo knocks the crap out of me... like double vision but at least I am able to sleep.
Unread 10-13-2012, 01:33 PM

How are you feeling today?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register