One month to go!!! Scared :/ (endo) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One month to go!!! Scared :/ (endo) One month to go!!! Scared :/ (endo)

Unread 02-15-2014, 08:06 PM
One month to go!!! Scared :/ (endo)

Hi.
First let me say I am sorry for all of the pain you are having. Sounds like this is a good decision for you.
In reference to keeping your ovary with the cyst- I think it will work out. I had a 7lbs ovarian cyst removed in emergency surgery 10 years ago and they were able to save half of my ovary.
My hysterectomy is Mon 2/17 and they are taking everything.
Good luck to you!
Keep us updated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2014, 08:51 PM
Re: One month to go!!! Scared :/ (endo)

I've been to three different gynos and they all say hysto is my best option now escpecially since my every day bleeding has started back up 8 months after my ablation. Now I have no doubt!! At all. Back to wearing pads 24/7. I've waited for 3 months for this surgery to have the best surgeon who is able to do well with getting rid of the endo and all the scar tissue that is there also. One doctor gave me laproscopic surgery 5 yrs ago only because there was no choice. I had a cyst grow the size of a grapefruit and rupture my left ovary and tube . She said I was loaded with endo and she couldn't get it all out safely then threw more bc pills at me to help control it. I know it's not a cure for endo. I also know that a hyst is in my future no matter what options I try. It runs in my family . My mom and gmom and even great gmom had to have this surgery at a young age and they were all helped by it. I know that doesn't mean that i will be but I'm praying it will work the same way for me. All I know is I don't want any more "wait and see" approaches. I was very disappointed after my ablation failed and can't take anymore maybe treatments. Thank you very much. This has been a tough choice for me but I feel it is the right one. I have no quality of life especially now that the bleeding is back. This lasted 4 months straight last time before I had ablation . Now all the problems are back. 25 days left to go now.
Unread 02-15-2014, 09:25 PM

I truly hope you get the relief you so desperately need. Endo is a confusing disease. For some, like you, it seems hereditary, and Juno Bio sciences is doing a study on it. Some, like me, are the only people in their family that gets it. It seems to run with a host of other associated autoimmune conditions. I have a lot of those, but the are easier to deal with without the bleeding. Feel free to do some reading in our endo forum and gyn genetics forums if you are interested in those aspects.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2014, 09:27 PM

I had endometriosis as well. I told my gyn that I wanted a hysterectomy, as I was done with the pain. He had diagnosed me with endo in 2009 by laparoscopic surgery. He looked at me when I told him this and let me know that a hysterectomy would not cure the growths, but taking the ovaries as well would help. It is just too much estrogen being produced. I was 30 when I had my complete laparoscopic hysterectomy. I am 2 weeks post op and recovery has been so much easier to deal with than the pain I had 3 weeks out of every month. Also, I had pmdd... taking away all the hormones has made me feel human again. Since I have no more fibroids as well, pain from surgery has been a breeze. Quality of life has soared already. I am looking forward to my 6 week check up. Can't wait to really start enjoying my life again. And I already know, through outer course per docs ok, that sex will be even more amazing and a little rougher without the pain
Unread 02-16-2014, 01:56 PM

Endometreosis is a confusing disease!!! Some have a lot and suffer no problems or pain. Some have a little and suffer horrible pains . Some have it disrupt bowel and bladder by the growths growing there . Seems there is no definate answer for a lot of people. I don't suffer with every day pain . I'm lucky that it's only 2 weeks of the month compared to how other people have constant every day pain. What's bad for me is those two weeks of pain and this every day bleeding is sooo annoying!! I ruin all my underwear and pants. Plus all the cyst I get . I'm staying positive that I can keep my ovary. I know I'm taking a chance by keeping it but I really want it. Elaina I'm very happy you are finding relief. Hope you keep getting better. Thank you everyone!!! I'm anxious to be on the other side of this and I'll keep everyone posted.
Unread 02-19-2014, 05:58 PM

I want to add that the surgeon doing my surgery is a gynocologist oncologist. He is the most capable to deal with any adhesions and scar tissue that may be in there. I'm trying to schedule an appointment this week to discuss things with him as my surgery is in 20 days now. Coming up fast !!! I'd like to talk to someone before they cut me open :/ when I had my last appointment he wasn't there that day so going to make apointment tomorrow to see him.
Unread 02-19-2014, 06:39 PM

I do not have endo (that I know of anyway) but my surgery is also one month away. I had to start therapy and increase my anxiety med to help get thru this. And I am still a mess. I was ordered to stay off the internet. Clearly, I am not obeying the rules.

I gotta say tho - I really think we are both doing the right thing. We sometimes forget how much QUALITY matters when it comes to our lives. (((Hugs)))
Unread 02-20-2014, 04:11 PM

You are right Cheers44. Quality of life is what is important. And I know the anxiety and the fears aren't helping you pre opers any. But soon you will be on the other side, getting back on here letting other women know that it isn't so bad.

I will keep you both in my prayers.
Unread 02-21-2014, 06:06 PM

Thank you all so much!!! You have been a great help and comforting. I'm so nervous and happy at the same time. I bought a new bed in time to recover which is a load of my shoulders. My last one had springs poking me everywhere and always woke up in pain. I have appointment to meet my surgeon finally. I've heard wonderful things about him but haven't met him yet :/ well ladies 19 days to go. I'm a huge mess of emotions!!! I was happy to read that a lot of people don't have complications with sex afterwards that's another big fear. There are just so many questions... Ladies good luck in your surgery or your recovery... Thanks for the help and support I really appreciate it

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register