Scheduled LSH Sressed with anticipation ... jan 10 is so far away | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sressed with anticipation ... jan 10 is so far away Sressed with anticipation ... jan 10 is so far away

Unread 12-19-2012, 06:26 AM
Sressed with anticipation ... jan 10 is so far away

Hi there , I am somewhat new here well at least to posting as I have been reading threads for a couple weeks now and am learning so much
I have been putting off having this surgery for years because of the time off work and finally decided I couldn't take the pain any more so I have been making arrangements for almost a month now to plan my recovery
I have two very physically demanding jobs and have been advised to take 8 full weeks to recover although I am hoping it won't take that long I have planned it out
I am wondering how long will I be restricted from driving I have a friend who had to wait 6 weeks , is this typical?
I just wantto feel normal ,whatever that is and the anticipation of the procedure and recovery is probably worse than actually having it done
Any thoughts , advice would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Re: Sressed with anticipation ... jan 10 is so far away

Animor!!

Every is different when it comes to restrictions on driving. Some will say you can drive as soon as you are off of narcotic pain killers and others will say you need to wait a few weeks.

For me, I didn't drive for several weeks. It was painful to even ride in a car, I couldn't imagine what it would be like to drive.

Definitely talk to your doctor and see what s/he thinks as far as driving restrictions.

As far as your recovery, my best piece of advice is to not rush it! I know you have 2 jobs and you will be anxious to get back to work, but it is really important that you wait until you are ready. You don't want to risk being out longer by pushing yourself to fast and setting your recovery back. You know your body better than anyone, so you will know what you are ready to do and what you aren't, listen to your doctor and follow his/her instructions completely and carefully. You can go back to being superwoman after you have healed properly.

to you!! And in your upcoming surgery!!
Unread 12-20-2012, 08:39 PM

Hey! We are having surgery the same day!
My doctor was very upbeat about recovery... said everything is common sense. If it hurts don't do it. He wouldn't really give me time restraints but said he's seen women go back to work in 1 week or as long as 12 weeks. It really depends on you.

If there is one nugget of advice I've learned from this group that I could pass on to you to help you - it would be this:

You only get one chance to heal right.

I didn't heal right from my last surgery & am paying the price now with severe adhesions. It is what it is I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2012, 06:02 AM

Thank you both do your reply ..... Yes i am already anxious to be back at work and i havent even left yet!! So much so that i even have to laugh at myself Originally my dr said 2-3 weeks off but after detailing my daily activivities he said 6 -8 weeks. Which is why I'm just planning on 8 just in case . I am hoping that I will recover faster but don't want to cause any issues by going back too soon
I think I have been worrying about the time off most , I do not get paid from either job while off But I know that if I go back too soon I will just end up needing an extended recovery time .
I almost cannot wait for jan 10 to get here so I can get on with my life
Thank god I found this sight to fill my free time till then!!
Unread 12-21-2012, 09:07 AM

I had a LAVH 3 weeks ago. Before entering surgery(!!!) I asked when would I be able to drive and he replied well some patients do as early as 1 week after!! I listened to my body, and tried at 2 weeks for a short journey and did okay.
I feel great, better than I have in the last 12 months but take it slow I did 3 hours of Christmas shopping and wrapping yesterday followed by DD doctors appointment and came home and was walking like John Wayne and in pain!!!
Hope this helps, I found the waiting the hardest I had my appointment date set 6 weeks before so I know about waiting and being patient Is not my thing. Hang in there. Message me if u like. Praying for you xxx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register