Pain in upper right side. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain in upper right side. Pain in upper right side.

Unread 11-16-2015, 10:20 AM
Pain in upper right side.

I need help from my sisters. My complete hysterectomy was July 9, 2014. I left the hospital with a pain in my upper right side just under my rib cage. 17 doctors later, I still have no answers. Pain pills and laying flat are the only ways to get relief. I cannot live my life with this pain, but no doctor seems to have an answer. I have spent thousands of dollars trying every different type of doctor. Could it possibly be nerve damage or adhesions? Feeling lost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2015, 03:13 PM
Re: Pain in upper right side.

Hi there,

How frustrating. I suffer from adhesions and have had similar pain that hasn't been relieved from my recent hysterectomy (other things have gotten better though). I'm having my kidneys reevaluated because it seems to be in that area and actually has flared up worse since surgery. I'm going fir a ct scan this week to hopefully get some answers. I get pain in the right liver area too but that may be from the sphincter of oddi dysfunction I had after I got my gall bladder out. Chronuc pain suck especially when you think surgery will cure it. Hugs.
Unread 11-16-2015, 04:49 PM

Maggie11 I thought I was crazy too. I had a DvH on August 10th and I still have pain when I bend a lot, try sit ups or crunches, or sit for long periods. Mine is on the right side, under the rib cage, it is always in the same spot. They did blood work, gall bladder test and Xray last week and found some inflammation and a little blood in urine. I am going back Thursday for a mammogram and will stop by and get my light duty note from Dr and see if an ultrasound will help. I get the "swelly belly" a little still, but when I my side hurts if I place my hand against it or wear the binder it immediately feels better. I am a firefighter and EMT and my gut says it's an adhesion to something? I'll keep you informed if I find anything out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2015, 08:47 AM

Wow, glad to hear I am not alone. I have had a MRI, CT Scan, and colposcopy. Everything came back fine. They did find a large cyst in my liver. I made them drain it. The fluid was clear, no cancer. Sitting is the worst or driving. I use a brace to support my side when the pain gets too bad. 17 doctors, seriously....not one has a clue. Just so frustrating. I want the old me back. If I knew I would be in this much pain, I think I would have dealt with the pain of the tumors in my uterus.

Maggie.
Unread 11-17-2015, 09:28 AM

After reading these, I'm not sure whether I am reassured or not! I'm only 7 wks out but the right side pain is my biggest problem. I have been spotting since Day 19 and still am, told vaginal cuff was still open at 6 wks, and put on very limited activity for "a couple of months." I haven't called the doc about the pain because it's not horrible and I know there is nothing he will do for it. I see him again 12/2. Please keep us informed if anyone gets relief! I keep thinking if I could really exercise and stretch, I might work it out, but not allowed to do anything like that for now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register