13 days and counting! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

13 days and counting! 13 days and counting!

Unread 11-23-2004, 06:15 PM
13 days and counting!

Well, I'm (still) counting down the days, and for some reason, it seems like time is basically at a standstill. My surgery is scheduled for Mon. Dec. 6th at 3 p.m. (lavh). I was sooooo excited when I first found out that I was finally going to have it done. I almost started dancing. Even though I still want to have it done, I feel so out-of-sorts almost every day, all day. I've even started having panic attacks again, every day now, which the doctor had said they be attributed to hormones in the past. Now I know they're my nerves. So I take meds for them every day or else I can'y sleep or function. I do cut them in 1/4 so I'm not totally out of the loop, but I just wish I could control them myself. Hopefully when this surgery is over, I'll have some kind of control over my body. Well, sorry if I'm rambling. I just feel better having somebody to "talk" to who truly understands how I feel and what I'm going through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2004, 06:35 PM
13 days and counting!

I totally know what you are going through! My LAVH is scheduled the same day (7:30 a.m.), and has been for months. Just this week, I find I am reaching hysteria mode. I very nearly had a panic attack this morning. Everyone keeps telling me to calm down and that everything will be fine, but I feel like I have so much to worry about - the surgery itself, Christmas shopping, my husband, my children, and since I am a teacher I also have students to worry about!

I have a wonderful support system, but know one can truly know how you feel until they walk in your shoes! Take care. I'll be praying for you. I am sure we will both come out of this okay, with our sanity intact.

P
Unread 11-23-2004, 06:37 PM
I have 9 days

HI LIL

I understand ...... I too am having panic attacks........

What to do ....... I mean I am crying now........

For no reason..... than that my husband told me he loves me .....

So why cry??????

Well do I need to tell you.......?????

I am here for you as you are for me .......

I will let you know how I am feeling and Know I do care about you too.......

I too want someone to talk to.....

Just remember YOU are not alone.....

I thought I was than I found this page and well the rest is history.......

Please feel free to write back and I WILL look for you ....

YOUR new FRIEND susan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2004, 06:44 PM
13 days and counting!

I'm 14 days and counting and can relate to how you both feel. Most of the time, I just want the day to be here already so I can get this whole thing over and done with. But there are days when I'm so scared that I can't think of anything else and can't sleep. I don't like taking meds, so I've had a couple of sleepless nights. I'm doing much better this week with sleeping. On the 3rd I have my pre-op, so I may ask for something to relax me as I'm not sure how I'm going to feel those last couple of days pre-surgery. But we'll get through it one way or another.

I'm also a teacher, but think that at least I won't be gone too long since holiday break will start a week or so after my surgery. And I'm thinking Christmas shopping I can always do on-line after surgery.

You two will go before me, so I'll be thinking of you! Take care and be sure to tell us how you did.
Unread 11-23-2004, 06:54 PM
13 days and counting!

I am glad to know that I am not the only person freaking out over this surgery. I just find myself worrying about the most bizarre things like will I wake up during surgery? Will I bleed to death? Will my birth control pills suddenly fail this month? If someone else were telling me these things, I'd probably tell them to be realistic. It's just hard when these worries are coming from you.

Barblyn- I have done some shopping online and it is helpful. I figure whatever I don't get done by the 5th, will be bought online. Also, my students will be in school until the 21st, so I'm missing 12 days with them. I have exams to put together by next week!
Unread 11-23-2004, 07:33 PM
13 days and counting!

15 days and counting, also in your boat, panic stricken.....

My surgery is scheduled dec 8th, scheduled it in August, decided to wait until Dec 8th due to class schedule, and having a little more help then.../now, getting scared, worried, sleepless, nervous, having the same thoughts of "what if I find out I'm pregnant right before surgery"----even though tubes are tied
Just glad it's not just ME! I will keep you all in my prayers for no pain and a speedy recovery. I hope Christmas will run ok, since I'm used to helping with everything at MIL house Christmas Eve and Grandmas House on Christmas, guess DH or someone else'll have to pitch in and do more this year
Good luck to all, and Happy Turkey Day!!!!

We're almost there, hopefully the comments before of "waiting is the hardest part" is true!
Unread 11-23-2004, 09:06 PM
13 days and counting!

Thank you all so much for your words of comfort and support. I seem to be doing better, except my DH and kids are all getting over some horrible upper respiratory mess and I'm terrified I'm going to get sick and have to cancel my surgery. Am taking lots of vitamin C and washing/sanitizing my hands. My last day in class will be Dec. 3rd and I'll miss 2 weeks before my class goes on Winter Break, so I'll have a good 4 weeks off. Keep in touch and you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register