Work through the waiting...Paper Mache Ute? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Work through the waiting...Paper Mache Ute? Work through the waiting...Paper Mache Ute?

Unread 01-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Work through the waiting...Paper Mache Ute?

Hello,

Well things are getting stressful. My pre-op is Feb.7 and surgery is Feb. 12. I have been doing very well at keeping busy and not dealing with the emotional side of things.... until now. Me, my to do lists, and having everything organized early was keeping me focused...until they changed my pre-op appt. and all of a sudden I was crying and stressed out at work and the rest of the flappity whap. My boss yelled at me, normally I would have handled it better, instead I was crying as soon as she left my office and I cried all the way home (and hour away).

I'm now trying to face the emotional side of this now. I remember one of our hystersisters mentioned that a friend had knitted her a healthy new uterus.... I thought that was cool...so it got me thinking....

I have made a paper mache uterus for myself. I have decided that I will place little things (written down on paper) inside of it that will go away when my uterus is removed, both good and bad. Then I thought I'd burn it and attempt to let those things go.

Tampons
Hormones
Mood swings
The chance of having children
Low libido
Hysterics
Anemia
Tiredness
Etc, Etc, Etc.

I know it seems a bit weird, but it is making me think about these things on an emotional level.

The date to go to the castle is coming faster and faster..... I just don't want to be a total mess.

Oy, this is a rambling message....sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2008, 01:58 AM

Hello CyberPixie

Welcome to the loony club! Just kidding. Now take some deep breaths. The emotional roller coaster your're experiencing is just the reality of your surgery kicking in. It does get better - really.

The papier mache ute sounds like a brilliant idea!

Make sure you get a tiara to wear from the castle to celebrate becoming a princess.

All the best to you.
Unread 01-31-2008, 07:07 AM

Aw, you sound normal to me - I was so emotional while waiting for my surgery. I could almost laugh & cry at the same time

Your paper mache uterus sounds wild. What a clever way to help relieve stress

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2008, 11:24 AM

I simply LOVE the paper mache ute idea!! Will you burn it before or after surgery?

My surg is next Thursday and I'm sooo going to steal your idea...just hope I can make it and have it dry in time. Wet, smouldering paper mache ute - not so much!

Roberta
Unread 01-31-2008, 08:16 PM

Hey nofrills,

I'll most likely do burn the ute before the surgery to attempt to prepare for the event, if that's really possible.

I've heard of "Burning Man", a gathering of people out in the desert for a weekend and burning a large wooden man. I think I might have something here "Burning Ute" a paper mache Ute burning in the BBQ in the back yard....

I hope you are able to make your own paper mache ute in time. Or you could do it after, as I have learned here, we are all gloriously different and need to do what's best for us.

Good luck next week, Roberta and warm fuzzies to you.
Unread 01-31-2008, 08:23 PM

Thanks Tamra. I'm actually, spur of the moment, planning a Farewell to my Ute party with some of my/our closest friends. It's an idea I got from somewhere on this website. I'm going to incorporate your paper mache ute concept and burn it towards the end of that night.

The party itself will be a pot luck dinner and I told everyone it better taste bad since I'm on a clear liquid diet!

Roberta
Unread 01-31-2008, 08:42 PM

Roberta I think you and I have a lot in common. Not many people get my sense of humor. We are also going to have a Uterus Going Away party....I'm going to make a Bon Voyage banner. I like the potluck idea, I might steal that one from you.

Take care Sister.
Unread 02-01-2008, 05:23 AM

I love the idea..

I have thought of a "farewell" party as well..
Unread 02-01-2008, 06:31 AM

i would love to do a "going away party"
maybe a few days after (and i'm feeling better!)
man my hubby will really think I've flipped my lid!
Unread 02-01-2008, 08:34 AM

Tamra,
I LOVE your idea of burning up your paper mache ute! I think that is a hoot! You girls seem to have a great attitude about all this. It is definitely a life changing experience, a postitive one!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register