15 days post-op... posture and stiff neck! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

15 days  post-op... posture and stiff neck! 15 days post-op... posture and stiff neck!

Unread 04-25-2012, 01:52 PM
15 days post-op... posture and stiff neck!

Well, beginning to feel abit more like 'me' but wish I could sit/ stand better. I seem to hunch and my neck seems to be suffering the most of late. I blame it on the couch and hunching over to type on my laptop... I walk abit hunched over... and try to walk as much as possible. I am sleeping abit better, but still cautious everytime I move.. and do not want to lay on stomach. I have 3 cuts on stomach, dvTH, and feel good today... do get tired, which I feel alot in my back and neck... anyone else have neck/posture issues???? I go for post op tomorrow and will share w/ doc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2012, 10:22 PM
Re: 15 days post-op... posture and stiff neck!

My MIL picked me up yesterday and she said when she was coming up the road she thought I was some "old" woman crossing the street, haha. I do the hunch thing to but then I catch myself and make myself straighten up. I got the abdominal binder, just the regular one, it helps with that. I think getting the pressure off of my pelvis makes me hunch less cause I don't feel like I have to "protect" that area.
Unread 04-25-2012, 11:08 PM

I've been having neck pain and pain in my right shoulder since my surgery. I wonder if it has to do with positioning during surgery? I know I was inverted at a 45 degree angle for around 4 hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2012, 11:35 PM

Do your best to keep good posture habits. A friend of mine who had the same surgery a few years ago warned me that the post-op pain and swelly belly had her walking and standing like a "hunched up old woman," and that eventually led to back, shoulder and neck pain. Her doctor advised her to make sure she was standing up straight whenever she was upright, even if it was a bit uncomfortable.

I found myself inclined to hunch over when I first started walking after surgery, but remembered her advice, and made a consciousness effort to stand straight. It was a bit uncomfortable at first, but it didn't take long to get past that. If you're experiencing pain or discomfort in your back or neck, I recommend Advil and a heating pad. I had major issues with back pain before the surgery because of three large fibrods, and these were helpful then.

Hope you are feeling better soon.
Unread 04-26-2012, 06:23 AM

Thanks... gonna work on standing straight... and sitting up!!!!!!! It is TIME!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register