Bathroom | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-24-2010, 05:31 AM
Bathroom

Hello Princesses. I have a question. I had a partial abdominal hyterectomy on March 12th. I have been experiencing loose stools since the surgery. Is that normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2010, 07:16 AM
Re: Bathroom

I have always had the opposite issue/constipation so was I ever shocked about 7-9 days after my surgery I started getting diarhea....I mean SEVERE like 10 times in a day with HORRIBLE stomach cramps. The day prior to my surgery I had to do the full bowel prep and take antibotics, and my doctor gave me IV antibotics in surgery. I did alot of research and found out all of the good bacteria is then gone from the bowel. I started taking Florastore, which is a probiotic. It was a little hard to find in my area and cost about $23, it was the BEST money I ever spent. I was living on imodium before that and felt HORRIBLE. I honestly started feeling better after the 2 or 3rd probiotic pill I took. You are supposed to take it for the full 10 days and I did. I suffered from this for 2 weeks and then once I started the probiotics have been normal every since.
Unread 03-24-2010, 07:35 AM

That is great advice. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2010, 08:06 AM

Same thing here, but its happened after a colonoscopy bowel prep, too, so for me I'm suspecting aftereffects of the preps. Plus that's how I react to things that constipate other people. So, for the 3rd time, I'm eating yogurt for it. Did you by chance take the colace beforehand already? That can do it, too. We seem to be in the minority.
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:30 AM

I had this too. It took about 3 weeks for my bowels to go back to normal and I still have cramping sometimes as well as sensitivity to foods that seem to throw my system off more easily. My doc said the bowels are moved during the surgery causing some of the problems but I sure wish I'd tried the probiotic, that makes sense especially with all the antibiotics they pump into us before and after surgery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register