I thought that I was going to be able to go back to work | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I thought that I was going to be able to go back to work I thought that I was going to be able to go back to work

Unread 08-15-2013, 10:20 AM
I thought that I was going to be able to go back to work

but I'm not. I was planning on going back to work on Monday, which is the start of the school year. I would be almost 4 weeks post op. I have been going to a few meetings at school and have been exhausted. Today, I went to a training for 2 hours and now I'm hurting & so tired. The thought of all the work that I must do to prepare for Monday makes me almost have a panic attack. Needless to say, I have decided not to go back so soon. I think I'm going to take at least 2 more weeks off. Hopefully I will feel better by then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Re: I thought that I was going to be able to go back to work

I think you should wait for your DR to cleared when you be able to back to work or your normal activity. My DR release me back to work after my 6 weeks post op. Hopefully you healing well dear
Unread 08-15-2013, 10:31 AM

I feel you! I was supposed to go back to the salon Monday as well, but (luckily) we just relocated and the sinks wont be ready by then, so I get a few more days. As much as I miss work, im nervous about going back and getting exhausted in the muddle of someones hair or being in pain. Best of luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2013, 10:36 AM

My dr. cleared me to go back Monday. He told me that it was up to me and that if I cldnt handle it that he would extend my time. He says that the sooner I get back to normal the better. After being out and getting back to normal I realize that I'm not ready.
Unread 08-15-2013, 10:54 AM

No way could i go to a teaching job now. I used to sub and it is a ton of running around! Youch! The doc told me recovery time was 2 to 3 weeks. NOT. All i can do without strain and pain is my "toddles" for 15 minutes at a time, and light housework and cooking. I am ready to get on with my life, but i figure if i push it I will either make the fatigue last longer or end up with a complication. Good luck ladies.
Unread 08-15-2013, 11:14 AM

I had my robotic assisted lsh on 8/2/13 and my brain desperately wants to go back to work but my body is highly unwilling. I can't even sit upright to eat at the dinner table without screaming pain and I work a desk job. They say the minimally invasive procedures are supposed to have less healing time. At this point, I'm terrified of what it would have been like if I had had a bigger surgery! Luckily I can start doing part time work from home next week, but reading all the posts about people not going back for six weeks or so is discouraging :-( Anyways, thanks for being out there ladies and hope you are healing quickly!
Unread 08-15-2013, 12:57 PM

Sittng in chairs is the worst.
Unread 08-15-2013, 03:21 PM

Thx for the responses. Its really good to know I'm not in this alone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register