1 week post hysterectomy - still can't sleep in bed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week post hysterectomy - still can't sleep in bed 1 week post hysterectomy - still can't sleep in bed

Unread 05-20-2014, 08:56 PM
1 week post hysterectomy - still can't sleep in bed

I've tried sleeping in bed one night and just couldn't get comfortable so I'm still camped out on the couch a week later. Anyone else take this long to get back to bed? What little I do sleep is just more comfortable in the recliner. Hubby I think is not understanding why at this point considering I'm a week post op today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2014, 08:58 PM
Re: 1 week post op - still can't sleep in bed

I am three weeks post op and am still in my recliner. I have yet to get comfortable in bed. Hoping to try again this weekend. Hugs to you!!
Unread 05-20-2014, 09:45 PM

I have been sleeping in my bed since night 3. However, I am still taking pain medication, and I sleep on my side (it's day 14).
I had no choice, because we do not own a recliner.

Do what's comfortable - no one is judging!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2014, 10:03 PM

I am two weeks post op. I have been able to sleep in my bed since the first night. I have lots of pillows so I am not flat on my back. I can now sleep on my left side and I use a body pillow for support. Hope you can sleep in your own bed soon.
Unread 05-20-2014, 10:05 PM
1 week post hysterectomy - still can't sleep in bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staton09 View Post
I've tried sleeping in bed one night and just couldn't get comfortable so I'm still camped out on the couch a week later. Anyone else take this long to get back to bed? What little I do sleep is just more comfortable in the recliner. Hubby I think is not understanding why at this point considering I'm a week post op today.
Took me about 2 weeks to sleep in bed comfortably. Couldn't sleep on my side till week 3. Hope you are able to get good rest soon.
Unread 05-20-2014, 10:09 PM

I slept in my bed 2 weeks later but then I got sick and ended up on the cough again for another 2 weeks..
Unread 05-21-2014, 12:33 AM

I had surgery the day before you and finally found a comfortable position for me. I'm a side sleeper and couldn't get into position, felt unsupported while in bed and felt awful trying to get out of position.
So here is what I do. I face the bed and put one knee on it then the other. So I'm on my knees facing the middle of the bed then I lower myself down so I'm laying. Put a pillow between your knees. To support my stomach I take my body pillow put one end under my belly then tuck the other end behind and under my back like a doughnut or a giant belt. It feels pretty good and stays pretty good when you turn over. Remember to use only your arms and legs to turn. I've been experimenting and keep getting stuck. My husband looks worried, but keeps laughing at me and helping me out. Also I've found it easier to push myself back up to my knees and then back off the bed.
I think everyone finds their own strange way, don't worry you'll get there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register