dVH/RALH How are your incisions after robotic surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How are your incisions after robotic surgery How are your incisions after robotic surgery

Unread 11-30-2011, 06:56 PM
How are your incisions after robotic surgery

Hi Ladies, I am 4 weeks post op and I have 5 incisions after davinci rob surgery. How are you incisions and what do they look like? Mine well 2-3 which are the bigger cuts look red around them they are becoming increasingly itchy. They are sealed with scabs nothing is leaking. Is this normal & do u apply any creams? Thank u for reading
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Re: How are your incisions after robotic surgery

I had this surgery 9 days ago and my stomach itches on and off. This is only the last few days.

I have 5 incisions...the top left is larger I think...I have been more aware of that one. They probably used it more during surgery. (I have read that here). Yesterday and the day before I was aware of that one when I moved. Some discomfort but it's gone now.

All the incisions are covered by something that looks shiny and clear...as if it's dried on the incisions. Then there are thin little white strips on top.

I have had an easy recovery...no pain but some discomfort...none now. I was in the hospital 2 nights.
Unread 11-30-2011, 07:53 PM

10 weeks post op. 5 incisions. The clear stuff is glue and the doc told me to get in the shower when I went back for 2 weeks checkup and scrub that off. Mine was getting red also and I thought it was infected. I scrubbed it off and with antibacterial soap and it looks really good now. My biggest incision is ABOVE belly button and about a one inch vertical incision. It is kinda thick. I have been using Vitamin E lotion on it. The others look great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2011, 02:05 AM

@ sister , did u ever have scabs on them?
Unread 12-01-2011, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedofroses View Post
Hi Ladies, I am 4 weeks post op and I have 5 incisions after davinci rob surgery. How are you incisions and what do they look like? Mine well 2-3 which are the bigger cuts look red around them they are becoming increasingly itchy. They are sealed with scabs nothing is leaking. Is this normal & do u apply any creams? Thank u for reading
I have 5, one is inside the belly button.

4 weeks today.
All are healing well.
The scabs are almost gone.

I don't scrub or pull on them. (scabs)
I do cut large pieces off, that are hanging, so that they won't get caught on clothing and pull the remaining scab.

Still slightly tender in some areas.
Some numbness (prob from cutting the nerves)

The incisions look a lot smaller these days, as the dried blood/scabs are going away and I can see the actual incision.

On my 2.5 week check up, my Dr removed the glue from the incision in my belly button. He said I would never get it out on my own.
Unread 12-01-2011, 05:03 AM

I would be afraid to take off any of that glue on my own.
Unread 12-01-2011, 08:12 AM

Hello
I am five weeks today and also had the rob surgery....my incisions are pink and have started to get the scar tissue on them. i have a couple of stitches sticking out of two of them Dr said they will dissolve on their own with time. itchy around incision sites and the last week a bit tender..using cocoa butter on them three times a day.... they look really good......Good health to you.....
Unread 12-01-2011, 09:12 AM

Hi! I had robotic surgery Nov 21. I had this done for staging surgery. I have 6 holes. Two sites have hematomas and the others are very bruised. Has anyone else had severe bruising? I had a LAVH in Oct and had a very easy time with that recovery. Thank God the staging taking nodes and tissue samples came back negative!!! Now I have to heal from this surgery which was brutal for me.
Unread 12-01-2011, 09:36 AM

hello'
I had a lot of bruising at each incision site and it lasted almost three weeks. Healing well.....i am five weeks today and feel great other than tired.... Good health to you
Unread 12-01-2011, 11:18 AM

I never bruised at all. I am finding now that my incisions are becoming so itchy!!! only the last two that are bigger ones. Do any of you have redness around them. I mean they are definitely healing but are sore. thanks for all the comments

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register