How much did your uterus weigh? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How much did your uterus weigh? How much did your uterus weigh?

Unread 11-02-2005, 10:56 PM
How much did your uterus weigh?

Heypearl,

55 grams but cancerous?!! - like I said, size only matters so much.

Will you be undergoing radiation or other treatments? Looks like I am doing external radiation - I meet with the radiologist tomorrow.

Louise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2005, 11:50 PM

Pink Peony,
Bizarre, hey?
My gyn/onc says no chemo or radiation due to the fact it was such a small lesion & only 10% into the myometrium. Also, my abdominal washing was negative and all 6 lymph nodes removed were benign. I was freaked out by the upgrade to grade 2, but he seems unconcerned. The treatment plan is for quarterly check-ups for 2 years, then 2 6-month check-ups the 3rd year.
My next appointment is 1/30 when a Pap smear will be done.
Good luck with your treatment!
Hugs,
Pearl
Unread 11-03-2005, 04:56 AM

Mine was 160 grams, but still infested with wee fibroids. Small doesn't always mean not just as bad. So, size isn't everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2005, 05:24 AM

Wow, I haven't had surgery yet, but now I know why I hurt all the time. My Dr said, mine was as big as a softball...i'm telling you what women have to go thru!
Unread 11-03-2005, 09:47 AM

Hi all, my surgeon sent me a letter recently telling me that the average uterus is 50gm to 80gm my weighed in at 1223gm no wonder I had problems fastening my jeans. I didnt think I would find out about this so it was a surprise when I got the letter but glad I did as it reminded me just how much I needed my op.
take care
xxx
england
Unread 11-03-2005, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFae
I think mine weighed about 450 g, I feel so inadequate! It was plenty big for me, glad it's gone.
GFae,
Don't misjudge the size of your uterus. 450 grams is very big considering a normal size uterus is between 40-60 grams. Yours was not inadequate at all. It is just amazing to see how much larger some of the others were. I was uncomfortable at 443 grams so I can't imagine 1500 grams!
Unread 11-03-2005, 10:20 AM
Hi Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie
Hi all, my surgeon sent me a letter recently telling me that the average uterus is 50gm to 80gm my weighed in at 1223gm no wonder I had problems fastening my jeans. I didnt think I would find out about this so it was a surprise when I got the letter but glad I did as it reminded me just how much I needed my op.
take care
xxx
england
don't know yet, haven't had my surgery yet! But i stay swelt ..Thought my thyroid was the culprit..but i think the uterus is making me so bloated..and pain in my back...I tell ya...can't wait to get the op...
Unread 11-03-2005, 01:56 PM

My uterus weighed 750 grams. He said it was the size of a catelope. Just for reference purposes, he said a normal uterus weighs about 80 grams.
Unread 11-03-2005, 02:09 PM

I will know the 22 of Dec.. that's when i have my Hyst. I can't wait!! I feel awful..my back has really been killing me...
Unread 11-04-2005, 02:04 PM

Mine weighed in at 841 grams. Even with swelly belly, all of my old clothes still fit after the surgery.

I have been working out since Feb and I have lost 5" off my waist... I wonder how much was from getting rid of the triplets (14 cm, 11 cm, 9 cm - plus 5 more 5 cm and less)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register