Nervous... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Nervous...

Hi Everyone ~ I was just wondering what the castle gave you all for pain right after surgery. My Doc said she will send me home with a scrip for Percoset, but said nothing about RIGHT after surgery....just wondering. Just 4 days to go!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Nervous...

I had a morphine pump right out of surgery. I just pushed a button whenever I needed meds. After about 24 hours they weaned me off that and I had Percocet from then on.
Unread 07-25-2005, 01:27 PM
Nervous...

I had the PCA pump too, every 10 min you could hit the button and get some relief. After that I got Loratab. Percocet is much better I think! Good luck and don't be nervouse. Do read what all the other sisters have to say though...I wish I knew more when I went in to this surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2005, 01:34 PM
Nervous...

i had a pump(morphine) that was dispense every 10 minutes if needed. On July11 after surgery didn't use much because still under anithesia(spelling). The next day boy did i use the pump. Also I had an allergic reation to the percocet(make sure you aren't allergic to codeine). Believe me the castle stay was wonderful. Don't forget to call nurses for anything. You'll be on liquid diet and then solids. Praying for you
Unread 07-25-2005, 02:32 PM
Nervous...

I called my doctor (God, I love that man!!) He can't perform major surgery anymore (he's getting older and hands shake a little), but another doctor in his office is performing the surgery. Of course, I burst into tears when I got THAT bomb dropped on me. When I started crying, he assured me that he would be in the room with me the whole time and he was "assisting". He also told me that morphine is his drug of choice for pain after surgery and I finally found out that my surgery is at 7:30 on Friday. The hospital will call to tell me what time I need to be there, etc. I went out today and bought my pads and gas x. I've started packing....somehow it soothes me knowing that's one less thing I need to worry about/do. Thanks for your support!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register