Not Scheduled removel of the uterus | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

removel of the uterus removel of the uterus

Unread 05-17-2015, 07:56 AM
removel of the uterus

:jump am here because I can relate to you guys I'm waiting for surgery scared �� wondering if am gonna come out ok I pray about this all the time hope I'm making the right decision am here hoping yal can lift my spirit and I can lift yours the scary part is waiting and wondering but together we will get through this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2015, 10:54 AM
Re: removel of the uterus

I agree that the worst part is waiting and wondering........... I was terrified, had never had surgery nor been in a hospital. But once I got there, they were so kind, professional and compassionate that I relaxed quite a bit. I really can't remember anything between arriving in the OR and being wheeled to my room. When I got in my bed, I was surprisingly pain free, pretty alert and feeling pretty good. I couldn't quite grasp why I wasn't in a lot of pain or feeling terrible. You will make it through and probably be left wondering what you were so worried about. It was waaaaay less terrible than I imagined. If I had known what it would be like I would have done it long ago. Good luck!
Unread 05-17-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernicebell View Post
:jump am here because I can relate to you guys I'm waiting for surgery scared �� wondering if am gonna come out ok I pray about this all the time hope I'm making the right decision am here hoping yal can lift my spirit and I can lift yours the scary part is waiting and wondering but together we will get through this
I had LAVH this past Friday. Also the first surgery for me. I was nervous and couldn't quite picture what to expect. They wheeled me into the prep room for the IV and other meds. They explained everything as they were doing it. Really eased my nerves. I found it weird that the prep room was one big room with others being prepped for their surgeries. As I was lying there, I could hear people sharing what they were having done and how many surgeries they've had. It was one big share fest lol , but also very comforting and relaxing. I hardly remember being in the recovery room, but remember telling them my pain level. After a while I woke up in my hospital room and the pain was under such control I thought Wow, this isn't nearly as bad as what I had thought beforehand.
I am at home now and already feeling good about the surgery. I can feel the difference and I can't wait for the weeks to pass when I'm totally healed. I am sore, but I take my pain meds by schedule so the pain doesn't get ahead of me. Taking all the advice from the sisters and it has helped a lot.
Wishing you the best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2015, 04:26 PM

Hi bernicebell to HysterSisters!

I am so glad you found this site!

Your emotions, feelings, nerves and anxiety are very normal. This is a difficult surgery to face and digest. Second thoughts are also normal. The great unknown after surgery is hard to swallow. Everyone is different, and every recovery is different. You do not know how your body will react until you are there.

Most women go through this surgery, recover, and are usually happy they had the surgery. However, think weeks for recovery and not days, if your recovery is on the typical side. You will also be very tired and will need to rest. Give yourself time to heal, and take time off work and household duties.

Know that you are not alone in this - we are here for you. Ask what question you have, and we will try to answer them for you. Also get on the site and express emotions and feelings. It really does help.

Unread 05-17-2015, 06:59 PM
removel of the uterus

Quote:
Originally Posted by coughy16 View Post
I agree that the worst part is waiting and wondering........... I was terrified, had never had surgery nor been in a hospital. But once I got there, they were so kind, professional and compassionate that I relaxed quite a bit. I really can't remember anything between arriving in the OR and being wheeled to my room. When I got in my bed, I was surprisingly pain free, pretty alert and feeling pretty good. I couldn't quite grasp why I wasn't in a lot of pain or feeling terrible. You will make it through and probably be left wondering what you were so worried about. It was waaaaay less terrible than I imagined. If I had known what it would be like I would have done it long ago. Good luck!

Sounds EXACTLY like my hysterectomy last week!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register