Recovery Room!!! - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Room!!! Recovery Room!!!

Unread 09-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Recovery Room!!!

Thanks so much girls....all options sound feasible...even the roof one...I have tried keeping the cigs out of the computer room...till I want one...lol....

I love all your support and caring,

Much love,

Mich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2004, 03:46 PM
Recovery Room!!!

They wheeled me in the OR Room around 10am and when I woke up in Recovery it was about 2:00p and I was in alittle pain and they gave me a moraphine shot and that helped. I didn't get sick at all becasue they gave me meds before surgery. Whatever they gave me really helped. So if you get sick you need to let them know before hand so they can give it to you in your IV. When I woke up I remember askin when is my surgery,they said honey your surgery is over and your in recovery and fixin to go to your room. They took the Cath. out 4:30am and at 8:00am I was able to go to the bathroom, got up and walked down the hallway alittle shakey and weak. but did good and went home at 3:30p.I had to stay over 1 nite in the hosp. Which wasn't to bad. I wish u the best of luck. I wasn't able to take a bath for the first 2 weeks. Only showers.Check with your Dr the day you go home.
Unread 09-06-2004, 08:20 PM
Recovery Room!!!

I was told I'd only be in recovery until they knew I was actually awake. I ended up there about 3 hours because of a bout of sleep apnea during the surgery. The Doc's wanted me on extra monitors, etc. so they had to wait for a bed on the heart floor. I had a spinal and some really fun drugs so I don't really remember much at first, after 30 min or so I was really aware of my surroundings, joking with the nurses, getting bored!

good luck
Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2004, 08:52 PM
6 months post-op and doing great!

Hello Ladies-in-Waiting!

I remember those days so well! My best advice is to take advantage of this site - it was a godsend for me.

My surgery came up very suddenly, only in my thirties and agonizing over the decision, I had just moved and had a new doctor, living alone in a 3-story townhouse --- I was very nervous, but lots of preparation and faith got me through it.

I did as much research as I could and made lists of things to buy, things to do, things to pack, etc., and then I used relaxation techniques, like deep breathing and telling myself that this was happening for a reason and that my job was not to question it or worry, but to facilitate the process.

I'm not religious, but I am spiritual, so I "talked" to my body about what was happening. I thought of myself as the CEO of my company (i.e., body), leading my staff by preparing them and communicating to them. It may sound bizzarre, but it felt right and was very calming for me. I acknowledged all parts of my body, how they would be impacted, and assured them that I would take care of them and that they would be fine.

I also did everything I could to maintain my sense of humor too - that really helped! I tried to have as much fun as I could and surrounded myself with things that made me happy.

You are all so brave and my thoughts are with you - you'll be fine and you'll feel so much better when it's over!!!

take care!

love, cat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register