Haven't yet seen my symptoms on site. Anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Haven't yet seen my symptoms on site. Anyone else? Haven't yet seen my symptoms on site. Anyone else?

Unread 06-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Haven't yet seen my symptoms on site. Anyone else?

Hi, I have several large fibroids. My Dr. said I should have a supracervical laparascopic hysterectomy. I don't have the heavy bleeding that so many report (thankfully). In fact, my periods are extremely light. What I do have is the cramps, bloating, fatigue and backache that comes with the period. I have the cramps every day - never a day without the painful period feelings. I haven't seen these symptoms on this site yet. I hope once the surgeon gets inside she won't find out that I have something else going on besides fibroids. Also my uterus is so bulky and deformed that it has tilted my cervix extremely to the (my) left. I wonder if the fibroids are so big that they are blocking the period blood from leaving so I always have my period 24/7 - without all the bleeding! My bladder is being pressed on as well. Anyone else have these symptoms or similar ones? Thanks, Leslie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Re: Haven't yet seen my symptoms on site. Anyone else?

I don't have your symptoms but by the time I had surgery, even tho I was on Levora full time and Prozac, I was cycling every week and a half. Literally!

I wish you all the best and hope you get some answers!
Unread 06-04-2010, 03:57 PM

Hello 4Leslie.

The differences between your fibroids and mine are number and size (?). I only have one 2cm on the top left of my uterus. At one point it became grapefruit size with a pregnancy and as a result I miscarried. Then it shrank back down to where the ultrasound tech saw nothing (I did special diet--long story), now it's at 2cm in size.

Otherwise, my fibroid issue is similar to yours--it's on the top left side of my uterus. I don't have heavy periods; like yours, mine are extremely extremely light (just a wipe on TP sometimes). I have the occasional backache and went to the doc a few months back, and I do have the heavy abdomen feeling with my monthly periods but that's been since onset of my menses. Gyn said my 2cm fibroid 'could be' the cause of the back ache' since I also have a new pillowtop mattress that is killing my husband's back so it may be doing the same to mine . It's not so much a backache as it is just aggravating and nagging and feeks like I sleep on a ball sometimes, but that is very occassional. I went to the doc to rule out ovarian tumors/cancers. Gyn said that due to the size of my fibroid and given that my monthly bleeding is so light, that she recommends that I leave that fibroid alone if it's not really bothering me. I am almost 46 and I also went to the doc because it seemed that everyone else my age that I know is having heavier periods than mine and it seemed that something was wrong with me--like I'm not normal. Because I am chronically anemic I was concerned that I had ran out of blood from the anemia (I know that might sound pretty stupid but I really thought that was my problem ).

The gyn did tell me that if I wanted to do something about the fibroid that she recommends alternatives to a hysterectomy since a hysterectomy can create future problems in a case where I am pretty asymptomatic. I even asked my hematologist about the running out of blood thing and if it could be the cause of my light periods and he said it's very unlikely also. (He looked at me like I was crazy too.) Still, it just seems weird to me that I have such light periods when my considerably younger sisters have too heavy periods from their fibroids and their gyns have recommended hysterectomies for both of them (they are refusing though).

I hope this helps but the only real way you are going to know if your fibroids are blocking your flow is an ultrasound or an MRI with contrast or something like that.

Let me know if I or anyone else may be able to answer more questions. This site helped me more fully understand the alternatives to hysterectomy that my gyn told me about, but once I came to the site I also became even more concerned that I had ran out of blood since most others here also have heavy periods from fibroids.

Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2010, 07:43 PM

Hi Leslie:

Here is a link to the Fibroids section of our Resources Directory: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/lin...=browse&cid=26

I hope you are able to find some relief for your symptoms soon. I am sending huge cyberhugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register