No support from my husband, bleeding, fibroids complications | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No support from my husband, bleeding, fibroids complications No support from my husband, bleeding, fibroids complications

Unread 03-30-2010, 12:13 AM
No support from my husband, bleeding, fibroids complications

I have fibroids. I've had crazy heavy 18 day periods since august. The back pain is unbearable. In december, when I was bleeding at it's worst and pretty much in bed due to the situation, he left me for three days. My january period was so big and heavy and long that I ended up in the er, low hemoglobin and 24 hours of blood transfusions. He was there for that. They did emergency myomectomy, punctured my uterus and had to go in laproscopically. (and saw funky ovaries - that is a whole other story) so they didn't get the whole fibroid and my next period was 12 days. I started on lupron shots to try to let my body rest and heal. Well this weekend the backpain was back. (but I didn't get any help getting around and I had to take care of the kids (2 under 5). Yesterday I started
bleeding. I only had a week off!
Emotionally I can't take it. I cried and got
a hug. But then the compassion was over.
Today I got the kids up and ready and off
and went to work and then the store and then got dinner. Then I started cleaning,
laundry and general picking up. Long story
short, I was slaving away until 1:30 am,
(after being yelled at by him meanwhile he
gave the kids a bath and went to bed!

I just want him to care, I just want to have a soft place to fall. I just wanna be able to
climb in bed with a heating pad and have
him be okay with it. And take care of the
kids. And maybe get me a glass of tea.
I just want to feel secure and safe since
this health stuff is so scary.

any advice? Anyone else have a husband that doesn't get how bad the back pain is
or the cramps and how horrible it is to
bleed like this? At one point this winter, he
told me I was disgusting. I'm crushed, he
is supposed to be my hero. He doesn't care at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Re: No support from my husband, bleeding, fibroids complications

or advice on coping for me. I'm afraid of bleeding to death again, that I can't handle it at all.
Unread 03-30-2010, 06:15 AM

Don't know if this will help at all, but here is what happened with me. My husband was very helpful when I got home from the hospital. Helpful as far as taking care of things around the house and trying to get me to rest. But, ....... he seemed to be very distant. I am a very strong woman, and very active. Not a TV person at all, or anything like that. When the day came that I mustered up the strength to get myself showered, put on clothes, and a touch of makeup before he came home from work, I thought he would at least acknowledge it. It took me two hours to get ready and believe me, the majority of that time was spent trying to get in the shower and rebandaged. He came home from work and said not a word. I was devastated. My thought was that maybe he couldn't deal with the fact that his woman who could normally work as hard as any man, was suddenly this frail weak creature that he had no experience dealing with. It all came to a head with me in a crying breakdown. He said that he just really needed me to tell him what I need. He didn't know what I need because I typically don't need anything. So, all of this being said, have you tried just telling him what you need? Also, can you encourage him to take some time just for himself as well? My husband told me that he needs a little time just for him in order to regroup and rest himself. That may mean just some quiet time on the computer, or working in the yard. My best wishes to you and praying that your health makes a quick turn for the better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2010, 05:37 PM

I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope that things get better for you soon.

Just something I found out from my DR, drinking tea can contribute to being anemic, so if you drink a lot of it you may want to cut back. I had trouble with anemia for years and years. I am down to a couple of glasses of tea a week instead of 3 or 4 a day and my anemia is almost completely gone!
Unread 03-30-2010, 09:05 PM

Buckeye-what are you doing by way of doctors and getting this really terrible health situation dealt with? Your husband may have used an expression of disgust because he is afraid, confused and does not know what to do for you -so get him to come to a gyn appointment with you and hear from the doctor about your health situation-and what solutions may be available to you!
My heart goes out to you dear-I hope you are in the process of getting the medical help you need-let us know and draw on the information and resources available here to make an informed decision that works for you.
take care!
Unread 03-30-2010, 11:22 PM

Advice? I would keep pursuing Medical attention, and stop talking about it, if you are, other than to say "I am suffering today, can you help please?".
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:08 AM

Wow....You really need a hug...

I just dont know what to suggest really, except to concentrate on getting well, whatever that takes. If you have other family members to lend support then by all means lean on them until you are strong enough to get through this time.

Bless your heart...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register