Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Dec 27, 2015 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Dec 27, 2015 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Dec 27, 2015

Unread 12-27-2015, 06:35 PM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Dec 27, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil45MA View Post
I am 49. I have a son 25, and two daughters 17. I am having a umbilical hernia fixed and a hysterectomy (due to fibroids) on December 29. I am nervous which I think is pretty normal. My major concern is just the recovery after the surgery. I will be in the hospital a couple nights which I think will be for the best. I would love any advice and recovery stories.
We are so glad that you found us. You are having extra work done . . . I am glad they are keeping you for a few nights. Recovery is s normal concern . . . it will be important for you to follow your post op instructions. You will need to drink lots , rest lots and walk a little a time. Keep ahead of your pain and take your meds on time.

We will be talking a lot about all that is involved in recovery on your Recovery Thread (located on the top of the Post Op Forum). We would love to have you join us.

We will be waiting for you on the other side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2015, 06:49 PM

Greetings,
I'm having a TAH and lymphadenectomy on Wed. 12/30.My EMB was undifferentiated malignancy, so everything's being removed. My Gyn-Onco feels it's confined to the uterus but of course no guarantee until pathology comes back. I think I'm mentally prepared, positive attitude, etc. for the surgery but then I get a bit freaked about 'what's next'? If I didn't have the cancer diagnosis going in to this it would be easier. Its been reassuring to read posts and see the wonderful support on this site.
Good luck to everyone this week, see you on the other side.
Unread 12-27-2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthuterus View Post
. . . My main question right now: how are you handling your need/want for social support? I've told only a few friends that I'm having surgery, but am contemplating putting up a fb post.. If this was a less personal procedure, like an appendectomy, I wouldn't hesitate. My social circle is very, very close. We've known each other 15-20 years. If one of them was having a major operation, I'd want to know! But this one is .. a little personal. I feel like I'm cut off from my normal support network and am feeling needy (something I'm not use to..) Help? Have you posted to fb? Are you keeping silent? I realize this is a silly worry right now but it's happening..

Best of luck, ladies. <3
Hi ((cthuterus)) All of us are different in who we tell and how we tell others about our hysterectomy. I am a very private person so those I told I told personally. I also understand the need to connect with your friends for support. You are not being silly . . . this is a real need. I didn't post to FB because that forum is too public for me. That is a decision that only you can make.

Remember that we are here for you . . . see you on the other side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klhunter42 View Post
. . . I digress, but I do have a question. Do I need to shave? I would rather do it myself and was just curious. The removal will be through the vagina.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL LADIES! YOU ARE ALL AMAZING WOMEN AND CAN GET THROUGH THIS!
((Klhunter42)) Did your doctor give you pre op instructions to shave before you arrive at the hospital? Mine told me I could do it myself or they would do it for me . . . I actually forgot. It is important to follow what your doctor instructed . . . doctor's vary in their pre-op instructions (i.e. shaving, bowel prep, etc.) If you weren't told, I would call your doctor's office tomorrow and ask the nurse.

Best wishes dear . . . we will see you on the other side.
Unread 12-27-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfranke View Post

You have been through so much leading up to this surgery and I know that you miss having your Mom there to go through this with you. Praying that your family will understand the help you need. Try to get those last minute things done tonight and tomorrow . . . grocery shopping, meals in the freezer, snacks and drinks that you can grab, and getting your recovery place all prepared. Then . . . be sure to something for you . . . coffee with friends, going to a movie (something to help you relax). Hang in there dear . . . you can do this. Remember that we are here for you. . . you are not alone.
Thank you, bkfranke. The encouragement from someone experienced means a lot
Unread 12-27-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolat369 View Post
Thank you, bkfranke. The encouragement from someone experienced means a lot
You are welcome dear. It is my pleasure to be here for you. Looking forward to getting to know you on your Recovery Thread . . . please join us.

Best wishes on your surgery.
Unread 12-27-2015, 07:46 PM

My surgery is in less than 12 hours, so not much time to chat.

I am having my cervix, uterus, and tubes removed after a positive cancer screening. Luckily we caught it in the very very beginning and after pathology we will know if I need additional treatment.

My husband also has been a jerk and on Christmas said maybe he should move out. Exactly what I needed!

Hoping I'll survive all this. I have very little support in the moments I need it most and I'm terrified.

Good luck to the rest of you ladies!
Unread 12-27-2015, 08:22 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Dec 27, 2015

Hi! I'm right there with you! Mine is the 29th too. I've been in pain since June and after a ton of test found out I have a large fibroid and congested uterus. They are removing my uterus and cervix with the De Vinci. Tonight has been a hard night for me too. I think it's because I can have no food after midnight besides liquids that it has made it all too real.
Unread 12-27-2015, 08:33 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Dec 27, 2015

Hi guys! I'm having a Da Vinci on the 29th. I've been busy with Christmas so I've kinda kept the worry in the back of my mind. Tonight it's really starting to hit me. I think it's also the fact that after midnight I'm on a liquid diet. I actually broke down and cried tonight. Thankfully I have a great husband who is a great support system. I'm worried about the what ifs, what if something goes wrong, what if I'm in horrible pain, what if my sex life afterwards is horrible, what if the machine stops working. Ugh! I've been preparing for weeks. My house is cleaned top to bottom, groceries are bought, stocked with paper eating products, my bag is packed. Now if my nerves would just calm down.
Unread 12-27-2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc13 View Post
Greetings,
I'm having a TAH and lymphadenectomy on Wed. 12/30.My EMB was undifferentiated malignancy, so everything's being removed. My Gyn-Onco feels it's confined to the uterus but of course no guarantee until pathology comes back. I think I'm mentally prepared, positive attitude, etc. for the surgery but then I get a bit freaked about 'what's next'? If I didn't have the cancer diagnosis going in to this it would be easier. Its been reassuring to read posts and see the wonderful support on this site.
Good luck to everyone this week, see you on the other side.

Sending you dear. Getting a bit "freaked out" about your surgery and path report is normal. Praying with you that all is contained. Remember that we are here for you and you are not alone. I am glad that you have found the Cancer Concerns forum. The ladies there have been where you are at and are there to offer you continued support.

Best wishes on your surgery . . . we will be waiting on the other side.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register