need to vent | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-22-2005, 10:39 AM
need to vent

I just came back for the uro and things are going as well as can be expected--with the exception that I am having stress incontinence , and thats part of the reason I had the surgery. I might have to have the monarc sling re-done if it turns out it wasn't pulled tight enough in the first place. Also, the doc put in a mesh supprt to shore up the posterior area and found a lot of scar tissure from a 4th degree tear that I had with my first baby twenty years ago. The skin is so thin in that area that the mesh could erode in the vagina. I'm using estrogen creme and a estrogen patch to hopefully make the skin thicker in that area. The uro said it could take months to heal and I have to be careful with liifing, pushing and pulling for a long time.

What really bothers me is that the midwife who delivered my first baby really messed me up by doing such a poor job of stitching back up--and didn't ask for a doctors help, even though I had my baby in the hospital . She was of absolutely no help while I was in labor, and basically just sat around and watched the monitor while I had back labor the whole time.
I looked to see if she was still practicing --and she is! It makes me wonder how many women she botched up!

Anyway, thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I had a LAVH by a gyne, and the rest by a uro on August 17. I feel pretty good, but I still get sore down ther if I overdo it.

THanks for letting me vent. Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2005, 01:29 PM
need to vent

Carol,
It does make you wonder if the original doctor/midwife ever know of the problems they caused down the road for many, many women. The doctor who delivered my first (21 years ago) did a mid-forceps delivery and had to cut a deep episomity*sp. I ripped open those stiches a week later and have had problems since - no baby should be pulled by one doctor and pushed by another out of their mother - his head didn't even have a chance to mold (he was stuck sideways in the top of the pelvis). Wish I could go back and say Nooooooooooooooo.
Unread 09-22-2005, 01:37 PM
need to vent

Carol,
I forgot - I hope you don't have to go through more surgery - hopefully the scar tissue will firm things up and stop your leaking. Keep taking it easy - you are still healing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register