im back | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-24-2007, 10:45 AM
im back

I was here a few months ago, I was afraid I would have to have a hyster, but ended up doing the novasure. well the nova sure didnt work so now I am scheduled for the procedure on december 5th
Im not sure what to expect, my doctor told me he was performing laposcopy leaving my cervix and taking my ovaries (have premature ovarian failure and have been on hormone shots for 3 months now) He says i will be in the hospital for a few hours then home for 2 weeks to recover. Is this realistic? I run my own business and the down time is going to be rough on my husband who will have to pick up the slack

thanks, Deborah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2007, 10:52 AM
im back

Hi Deborah; well it may not be so unrealistic. I had a full hysterectomy on the 19 and I have 4 incisions - not one in my bellybutton which is odd but it's all gone - cervix, uterus, ovaries, tubes. I hope to be back at work on the 19th of December so going on that I would suspect that you may indeed be ready in 2 weeks
Unread 11-24-2007, 11:27 AM
im back

It was unrealistic for me. I had the same procedure minus one ovary and tube that he had already taken out five months earlier. My surgery was at 7 AM and I was leaving the hospital at 9 PM. I was supposed to stay over one night but was doing so well, he let me go home. I needed no pain meds and jumped up to answer the phone the next morning like nothing ever happened. NOT that I would recommend that, but I did it without thinking because of the lack of pain. I was released at 10 days post op to do anything I was comfortable with. I did take it slow for a few weeks though.

So it is possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2007, 11:33 AM
im back

Hi Debbiesweety,

It sounds like you are having a LSH - Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy - a less invasive hyst. The uterus is removed and the cervix is retained. The ovaries can be retained or removed with the hyst type.

I had a LSH and it is still one of the best things I ever did for my long term health. I like having my quality of life now. I had my LSH at an outpatient facility. I had my surgery at 7:30 AM and I was released to go home at 6:00 PM.

I went back to work at 2 weeks...with my Dr's okay. I can suggest just listening to your body, taking some breaks and delegating at work, if you can. I got a greenlight for all actiivities..such as sex and the gym...at 6 weeks.

Sending best wishes~

Mary
Unread 11-24-2007, 11:59 AM
im back

Looking forward to sex and the gym -- I am so bored
Unread 01-10-2008, 08:20 PM
im back

Hi ladies. Im new here as of today. My surgery is scheduled for February 5th. Im also having Supracervical Hysterectomy done because my Novasure procedure was a huge flop. It was only 5 weeks ago that I had that procedure done. My dr. has given me strict orders to not even think about going back to work for 6 weeks. She even faxed that order to my office so that they would give me the time off. Im worried that there is something that she is not telling me. I was really getting used to the idea of being able to go back to work in a few weeks. I just cant sit around, it drives me nuts. Would anybody have any ideas as to why she is so strict on the 6 week rule??

Thanks for any info that you can pass along.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register