Why still all the pain after 5 weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Why still all the pain after 5 weeks Why still all the pain after 5 weeks

Unread 04-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Why still all the pain after 5 weeks

i am 5 weeks post op still lots of cramping and pelvic pain .help what should i do and has anyone else had this... i called doctor and he said just stay off feet more and drink more fluids. what will more fluids help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2005, 01:59 PM

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I'm also 5 weeks post-op and doing quite well. Are you resting enough? My children are grown and out of the "nest" so it's just DH & me. DH is great about the cooking & cleaning, so I'm able to rest and not worry about taking care of anyone but myself.

If you can, rest..put your feet up, when you're tired of that, lie in your bed with a book or CD......

My thoughts and prayers are with you.....

Unread 04-22-2005, 03:32 PM

Dear mountainpanther,

I still had a lot of discomfort at 5 weeks when I did too much. This is hard because that is different with all of us, but I think you need to try it out and see if it's activity that is making you hurt.
My guess with the water is he might think some of your discomfort is intestinal. Sometimes that cramping is gas or just your system trying to clear itself out. With everything being tender and not all the way healed inside it can increase your pain.
I hope you feel better soon and can learn to hear what your body is saying to you. Sometimes it seems like a foreign language I know. Hang in there.

's, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2005, 02:00 AM

I know just how you feel . I am 5 weeks too and I am still very tender and sore and every now and then I have shooting pains day and nigtht. I have had big operations before and I was very fast getting back on my feet but this one to be honest has been hard. I have had to try my best as I have 4 children. No family help at all just feel sorry for my kids. Feel abit of a let down . R eally hope you feel better soon.You are not alone keep your chin up .

DAWNIE UKXX

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register