Not Feeling Very Chipper at 13 Wks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not Feeling Very Chipper at 13 Wks Not Feeling Very Chipper at 13 Wks

Unread 07-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Not Feeling Very Chipper at 13 Wks

Keep thinking I should be feeling more energetic by now. I was doing really well then I became scaredof hernias and slowed way down. I only walk, read, and write lately. I do lots of walking otherwise I would get that anxiety feeling I had post op when I wasn't allowed to do anything. Two weeks of Xanax to keep my still The waiting is driving me up a wall I suppose but I'm not in a very positive mood or space. Others tell me they had the time of their lives afterward. I'm still waiting for life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2006, 07:03 PM

Hey after I am as far along as you..........I am not familiar with all you had or went through but just logged on to see if others about my hyst. time were still posting and how everyone was doing? I am tired. I do ok for a few hours activity then boy -----it hits me and I need to just lay down and rest. So yes we have that in common.

I don't remember being this tired b4 the surgery. Anyone else????
Unread 07-10-2006, 07:30 PM

Hey After Twister... I am currently at 11 week mark. I've been fine, but this past weekend we went out of town and I think I over did it a bit. I started having twinges of pain on my right side, where ovary would have been. That started yesterday afternoon and was still bothering me at bedtime, when I took 2 ibuprofens. Slept okay but very tired today! Back to work... wasn't very productive, though. I can't believe I overdid it... I've been so careful up till now! Doctor's office said to stay off my feet today. I did... I even took a nap, and will go to bed early. Another thing is gas... I am having horrible gas... is that also from over doing?
I am a mess right now... I hope I feel better tomorrow... and I will not be in denial and over do like this again! - I hope!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2006, 07:33 PM

I'm with you both. I get tired so easily. It's really hard because the family thinks since I'm "healed" I should be as good as new. I have tried to tell DH that it could take 6mos. to a year to fully recover, but I don't think he gets it.

I also still have nightmares and trouble sleeping, which was a problem before hyst, but worse now.

Overall, though, still thankful I had the surgery, as in that respect I feel great, much better than before.

AfterTwister, have you mentioned your feelings and fears to your doc? From your post, at least, it almost sounds like you may ahve a touch of depression, and that can really zap your energy and your "zest" for life. I have struggled with it on and off for years, and your post reminds me a lot of how I feel when I am there. Hope you get to feeling yourself soon.

Take care,
Paula
Unread 07-11-2006, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestcaregive
Hey after I am as far along as you..........I am not familiar with all you had or went through but just logged on to see if others about my hyst. time were still posting and how everyone was doing? I am tired. I do ok for a few hours activity then boy -----it hits me and I need to just lay down and rest. So yes we have that in common.

I don't remember being this tired b4 the surgery. Anyone else????
I was very tired before surgery and sleeping 12 hours a day. All I could do was get the groceries done and come home w/ a frozen pizza or something for dinner because I wouldn't be able to muster up the energy to cook. My hemoglobin was way in the dumps; it may still be low. Have you had your bloodwork repeated? I had a TAH leaving my ovaries in there to continue on what I now am convinced is an invisible period. The hormonal surges are still quite apparent. Time for
Unread 07-11-2006, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddin'
Hey After Twister... I am currently at 11 week mark. I've been fine, but this past weekend we went out of town and I think I over did it a bit. I started having twinges of pain on my right side, where ovary would have been. That started yesterday afternoon and was still bothering me at bedtime, when I took 2 ibuprofens. Slept okay but very tired today! Back to work... wasn't very productive, though. I can't believe I overdid it... I've been so careful up till now! Doctor's office said to stay off my feet today. I did... I even took a nap, and will go to bed early. Another thing is gas... I am having horrible gas... is that also from over doing?
I am a mess right now... I hope I feel better tomorrow... and I will not be in denial and over do like this again! - I hope!
I understand what you are saying. When I became scared I had given myself a hernia, I promised myself I would be soooooo good from then on. So now stay off your feet and give yourself some rest. I can handle rest for short periods and it does help. Rest and sleep seem to be the best medication, imo (I'm just having trouble with the long wait) On the gas, I've noticed some but I attributed that to all the veggies I'm getting out of the garden right now. Have changed my diet to eat more fresh vegetables and thought was the problem. Anyone know if gas is a side effect of this surgery?
Unread 07-11-2006, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeFromCysts
I'm with you both. I get tired so easily. It's really hard because the family thinks since I'm "healed" I should be as good as new. I have tried to tell DH that it could take 6mos. to a year to fully recover, but I don't think he gets it.
My mother told me at least a year FFC. Maybe your family will understand better if you put limitations on your contributions, like helping as long as you can be sitting down while helping. I'm at the other extreme; I've no one to help and have to keep myself in "idle."

Quote:
I also still have nightmares and trouble sleeping, which was a problem before hyst, but worse now.
Sometimes nightmares are due to digestive upsets. Try varying your diet and eating sooner before bedtime. Not a very helpful suggestion, I know. A lot of things can cause nightmares; I was plagued with them for years. Some of mine were due to foods and eating too close to bedtime. Search the net for lucid dreaming. I learned to control them by waking myself up inside my dream.

Quote:
AfterTwister, have you mentioned your feelings and fears to your doc? From your post, at least, it almost sounds like you may ahve a touch of depression, and that can really zap your energy and your "zest" for life. I have struggled with it on and off for years, and your post reminds me a lot of how I feel when I am there. Hope you get to feeling yourself soon.

Take care,
Paula
No, we haven't talked. I used to have bi-polar a couple of years ago I decided I didn't want it anymore and shed it. I don't think I have a depression as much as a depressing view of inactivity. I was feeling mch better thi stime last year when the symptoms of my fibroids were already apparent: not being able to urinate. I had much more energy up until the three months before surgery. In my situation, I have a lot to get done. I live in the country and without grid power. I've no conveniences etc. for this laptop. I need fencing done and I have horses and livestock. It is hard to sit on the front porch when I have work to do. But have to admit, even the little things that need doing, that I could realistically do, not feeling very motivated to do them anyway.
Unread 07-11-2006, 08:25 AM

Dear Friend
I understand your frustration about the energy and lack of it! I have the energy to live about 3/4 of a day-by 4:30 I am finished doing anything productive so am trying to plan accordingly. I am trying to get my abdominal strength back by swimming every day and can see some progress. I think that we need to listen to our bodies and rest a bit more although that is equally frustrating as it seems like ages ago that I had surgery. Hope you can take today to be kind to yourself -keep us posted
Hugs and kind thoughts

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register