phantum ovulation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

phantum ovulation phantum ovulation

Unread 06-13-2007, 01:01 PM
phantum ovulation

I had a TAH in May '05 with both ovaries removed. Besides the weight gain (20 lbs) and hot flashes (day and night), I also experience what feels like ovulation - can that be possible? Every so often, I get a pain on my right side, just like I'm ovulating and I sometimes also crave chocolate at this time. Anyone else out there with something similar? I guess the old bod just keeps doing what it's been doing all these years regardless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2007, 02:09 PM
phantum ovulation

It's only been 4-1/2 weeks for me but around week 2 (which would normally have been pms week) I experienced my usual symptoms - weepy, extreme breast tenderness, etc. I asked my Dr. about this at my 2 week checkup and she said it was normal for my body to still "think" it was time for my period. I didn't ask her how long this would last, though, so I don't know if I'll experience the same thing later this month. Also - I did keep on ovary. Have you talked to your doctor about it?
Unread 06-13-2007, 02:41 PM
phantum ovulation

no I haven't talked to the doctor about it - I will on my next visit. I suppose since you still have one ovary, you are still ovulating, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2007, 03:28 PM
phantum ovulation

Yes, as a matter of fact, I'm having one of those, "Well, DUH!" moments right now. I woke up today with pain in my right side and just assumed that I'd overdone it yesterday. I checked the calendar and realize I am probably ovulating. Oh, but how nice to know that the pain will be over soon and there won't be any horrendous bleeding to follow! Sorry, I got carried away there for a minute.
Anyway, since you had both ovaries removed, I don't know whether what you are experiencing is common or not. Hopefully others here will have some insight.
In the meantime, please pass the chocolate.
Unread 06-13-2007, 05:11 PM
phantum ovulation

Im 7 weeks out and I have had phantom ovulation as well. Also craving the chocolate. HMM I guess we will have to wait and see.
Unread 06-13-2007, 05:32 PM
phantum ovulation

It's bizarre, I have also experienced the same thing. Mainly on the right just like I use to experience, but the other day same type of twinge/pain on the left. I had meant to ask my doctor at my 6 week follow up but forgot. I also had my ovaries removed, so I know for sure no eggs are popping out (LOL)

Unread 06-13-2007, 05:43 PM
phantum ovulation

I have had the same pain also..........I will ask this monday when I go.

TAH/BSO=Vertical incision
Unread 06-13-2007, 09:22 PM
phantum ovulation

are you also suffering from hot flashes??? That's really my main complaint!!! I can't get rid of them and when it's hot and humid outside, I feel like I'm going to burn up.
Unread 06-13-2007, 11:30 PM
phantum ovulation

As for the hot flashes, I'm trying not to take HRT. If I have to, I will, but I'm exploring all my other options first. I'm taking Estroven Extra Strength and it's helping but it takes about a month to get into your system. Also, I'm trying to notice what seems to trigger the attacks - for everyone, they will be different. Mostly, it's my husband. LOL Seriously, hot water - I now have to take a FAST lukewarm to cool shower. Caffeine. My hairdryer which seriously *****. Mostly STRESS!!!! I wonder what that's going to be like when I go back to work. I'll probably sit at my desk with my heart palpitating and sweat running down my face.

I have also been experiencing pain on my left side where they removed my ovary (the other was removed when I was 19). I never associated it with a phantom issue before but that's probably it. I ALWAYS crave chocolate so I can't tell the difference.

Try to see what triggers your hot flashes and try to elminate them and see if you get any relief.
Unread 06-13-2007, 11:36 PM
phantum ovulation

Oh wow!!! Same thing happened here. Last week I was at work and felt absolutly AWFUL!!! As if I were about to start my period, had cramping and everything!! I thought maybe I had overdone it as well. I am close to 3 months out now. But I checked the calendar and found out that if I had stayed on cycle then that was the time! Also, before surgery I HATED chocolate, now I CRAVE it around what would have been right before my cycle...weird!!!! I also want to add that I am not on any HRT due to medical conditions, and I went through what seemed to be a mini menopause, but the past couple of weeks I have been doing really good, not many hot flashes or night sweats.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register