Post-Op Sensuality after TAH/BSO | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-Op Sensuality after TAH/BSO Post-Op Sensuality after TAH/BSO

Unread 08-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Post-Op Sensuality after TAH/BSO

Since I returned home from the hospital I have felt so much better--freer--about my body than I have in a long time. So much so that in the first few days I would describe it to my DH as post-op dementia! I'm not talking sexual sensations, I'm talking about a sense of liberation from the past, somehow just fewer inhibitions about my body, just accepting it more just as it is--even with its new vertical scar....maybe it has to do with a new-found confidence in my DH's attraction and love towards me (he was so good towards me pre-surgery and wonderful post-op), although he hasn't changed, he is his usual loving and affirming self.... it is I who has changed.

I know not to have an orgasm yet and to not have penetrative sex, but our sexual/sensual experiences now are just so much more relaxed and enjoyable--and even more frequent! In getting rid of my uterus and all else that went with it, I just feel cleaner inside somehow, like I removed an unpleasant chunk of my past as well, like I'm starting all over from scratch in my womanhood. Sounds crazy, but maybe I'm not the only one? Does anyone else feel like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2007, 06:03 PM

I'm not where you are at yet, but it sure sounds great. I know my DH has been very turned on to me since I got back from the hospital, and I think it's the 'forbidden fruit' syndrome... still it's nice having the attraction and looking forward to the reward for waiting.
Unread 08-27-2007, 06:08 PM

Yes, definitely the forbidden fruit aspect, but in my case I also think that my "vulnerability" (still recovering from MAJOR ABDOMINAL SURGERY--I like to remind him every so often :-D) and "delicacy" also appeals to DH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2007, 07:35 PM

Good for you Marisol52! What a great payback for a really difficult season in your life! I definitely felt more beautiful with that horrible bulge (huge uterus) gone from my body. I also think there was a big surge of hormones with this surgery??? I say...go for it.. keep feeling so wonderful!
Unread 08-27-2007, 08:43 PM

Hi MissHyster.....it's actually not about hormones, it's not a strong sexuality I am feeling, I wish it were that!, but just rather a comfortable sensuality. But yes, I am enjoying it....who knows what future will bring?
Unread 08-27-2007, 09:03 PM

Marisol52...congratulations! I know exactly how you feel. It's amazing how much more confident you feel as a person, as a woman and as a sexual being. The pain is gone, the "grossness" is gone, some major concerns are gone. It's not "sexuality" in the formal definition. It is a freeing of your mind, your spirit, your emotions. It as if you have been locked away, and now you are finally free.
Unread 08-28-2007, 07:19 PM

YES Queenbee!!! You said it so much better than I, that's exactly it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register