New with ovary pain and burning sensation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New with ovary pain and burning sensation New with ovary pain and burning sensation

Unread 01-13-2008, 11:01 PM
burning pain

Hi, I am new to the HysterSisters support site. I am nine days post-op. I had a total hysterectomy, vaginal. I wondered if anyone can help me out. For the last two days I have had pain in my right ovary and a burning sensation that starts in my ovary and hip and goes down my upper thigh area. Is this normal? If anyone has gone through this and has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2008, 03:52 PM
New with ovary pain and burning sensation

paulsdoll77

I'm sorry you're experiencing this pain.

You're still very early post-op but, even so, I think a call to your doctor would be very wise, if only to put your mind at rest.

Will you let us know what you find out? I hope you're feeling alot better, very soon.

Unread 01-15-2008, 09:27 PM

Thanks for caring! I called the doctor and he placed me on antibiotics and told me to call right away if I had any changes in pain. It seems better today. Hope to talk to you again soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2008, 09:26 AM

I've been having this same pain since my 2 hematomas in November. My doc has 'no idea' what they are from though. Within the last week the pain has been radiating down my right thigh when I bend over. I am trying to get my PCM to get me a referral so I can get a second opionin however we are military and my doctor is deployed so I am getting the runaround.

I have to ask, does your doc think its an infection? I was given antibiotics but they provided no relief.
Unread 01-17-2008, 10:46 AM

I have ovary pain even today as we speak, my doc says it is ovulation!? It does seem to revolve around all that stuff if you were able to keep track of your cycle.
Unread 01-17-2008, 10:51 AM

Does your ovarian pain radiate out down your thighs? That is what I am concerned about more so than the ovary pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register