alternatives? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

alternatives? alternatives?

Unread 12-06-2004, 07:27 PM
alternatives?

Greetings from a newbie. My uterus is the size of a 14 week pregnancy. Pressure on the bladder is the worst problem, but I have an accompanying burning sensation, not during but after urination. This worries me and I wonder if this is a separate problem.
I have found that yoga and ab excercises have decreased the symptoms of pressue and that lots of daily kegels have helped with bladder control. Anyone else have input on this?
Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2004, 10:38 PM
alternatives?

Hi and to Hystersisters!

Have you discussed your burning sensation with your doctor? He/she should be able to give you an answer as to what else, if anything, is going on. I am glad you have found that yoga and ab work helps with the pressure and the kegels are working for you. I would suggest talking to your doctor. Maybe someone will come along who has been through the same thing you are describing and give you their experience.

Best wishes! s

Deb
Unread 12-07-2004, 03:18 PM
alternatives?

Welcome new sister!!

I agree with Deb, you should definitely let your Dr. know about the burning sensation just to be on the safe side. You sure don't need any extra complications.

I have had the symptoms you describe before, burning after as opposed to during urination, and a urine test found it to be something called cystitis. No big deal, just had to take some big red pills that made my pee turn red.

It could be so many things, or just irritation due to the pressure your bladder is under. I have a condition called adenomyosis, and it causes the uterus to swell (mine is 12 wk. size or so) and it
causes a lot of pressure on my bladder and lots of twinges and weird sensations.

Do check with your Dr. A simple urine test should tell what's goin on.

Welcome again. Hope we can be of help to you. There is lots of info and encouragement to be had on this site. I am so thankful to have found it!

Sisterly love,

Rosalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2004, 04:06 PM
reply to alternatives

Greetings,
Thanks for responding to my concerns. I saw the DR today. I do have some form of cystitis, but not one that responds to antibiotics. It may be irritable bladder syndrome or a wierd thing called interstitial cystitis which is yet unresearched to any great degree. I am sure it is in part due to pressure on the bladder from the uterus. Mine is also a 3 1/2 month pregnancy.
I am still looking for alternatives to having a hysterectomy. I want to heal this thing.
Cheryl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register