exuberant pets & TAH recovery - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

exuberant pets & TAH recovery exuberant pets & TAH recovery

Unread 03-18-2005, 02:48 PM
exuberant pets & TAH recovery

That is so funny. I was just thinking about what to do about that situation. I have two Italian Greyhounds. The one WILL NOT leave me alone. She jumps onto my lap from the back of the couch and seems to come from out of nowhere. She also can jump as high as my waist when she's hungry or I'm preparing food. When I was sick with the flu last month, I tried to close my bedroom door and she sat and cried and scratched the door all day. I plan on using lots of pillows to try and protect myself.
At least we have lots of love!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2005, 05:26 PM

I have three lovelys who fight to sleep on my tummy, so when i came home i had a big pillow or two creating a teepee over my tummy, so they laid around me. When I was sitting on the couch they'd sit in my lap, that was ok, but it was when they faced me and started to massage with their paws on the tummy while i was sitting, that caused a problem. Over all it was less of a problem than i thought it would be.
Unread 03-18-2005, 09:59 PM

I have two kitties and a very crazy lab. It was amazing how careful they were with me after sugery. The kitties never left my side, but didn't even try to sit on my lap. The dog, who thinks he is a lap dog, never even tried to get on my lap but layed at my feet all day long.

When I layed in bed, everybody carefully jumped in bed with me or layed on the floor beside the bed. They didn't get too close, but stayed close by.

I was amazed at how careful all three were. As I got better, each one started to slowly return to their normal behavior. Even now, when I have those sore tummy days, they stay off. They stay close by, but don't venture onto the sore spots. I think they know I'm hurting.

My biggest frustration with the gang was that they wouldn't let me go to the bathroom without "help". My kitten would want to jump in my pajama bottons. I finally gave in and let him do it. He would make a hammock out of my granny panties and go sound asleep. The dog would go into hyper fetch mode and bring everything in the house that wasn't nailed down into the bathroom. The older cat would proceed to knock everything off the bathroom counterl

Believe me, they were my best friends during my recovery. They gave me attention, didn't ask for anything and kept me company during those first weeks. I think that without them, the days would have been really long.
Unread 03-18-2005, 10:13 PM

Oh My gosh Eubbie that is so funny, I sat here laughing so hard
Every time I go to the bathroom one of my dogs will run as fast as he can to get a toy, now come ,on my bathroom is small what are we gonna do with it...if i dont pick it up he will go get another one to see if I like it better. I have 3 dogs, a Scottie and 2 westie's they have not left my side at all during all of this.

I am really gonna miss being with them during the day when I go back to work....
Unread 03-19-2005, 07:24 AM
Good question

Not a dumb question at all!

I had a TAH on Feb. 28th. I'd like to say my sweet 'n sensitive Shelties seemed to know to stay off my tummy area but I'd be lying.

Flash, the older of the two, who is a true gentleman and my lovebug, never deliberately lands on me at any time and he was certainly being extra careful and affectionate.

But his harum scarum son, Blu, had tp be constantly reminded not to climb on me. At one point about 10 days post-op he gave me a bad scare by suddenly leaping on me and landing one paw on my incision area before I was able to stop him.

He was back on the floor instantly thereafter. I don't think he did any actual damage but it was sore for a few minutes.

To be fair, I think he has scaled back his leaping on "mom" and I know he adjusted to my slooooow pace when I walked him through his agility class last week -- but then he gets excited and forgets He may also have been a bit worried since he has wanted lots of petting.

Topaz, my affectionate little cat, was good as gold. I've been surrounded by my furkids -- especially Flash, who never left my side.

I made pillow barriers as described by the other ladies and tried to stay alert.

Keep well,
IslandScribe
Unread 03-19-2005, 10:40 AM

I love you guys!!! Every time I think of a question to post but am not sure if I should..someone else comes along and does it. You make me feel so good about my upcoming surgery (April 6) and my recovery time back at home.
I have been dreading what to do with my 16 pound cat when I come home. I live by myself and he is very attached to me. (I'll be right back............................ok sorry for the interuption but I had to remove him from a paper grocery bag...again. Third time he has gotten lost inside the same bag this morning).
I will remember the pillow trick and the teddy bear trick too!!! I bought a new bear to snuggle with when I get home and there have already been cat/bear wrestling matches and I'm not even gone yet!!!
Guess Shadow will love me being home for 3-4 weeks and then cry when I go back to work in May.
Keep up the great support!! I have told many of my friends about this site and the wonderful support and knowledge that is passed amongst the sisters.
Blessings to you all...Mary
Unread 03-21-2005, 06:28 PM

That's funny and a concern of mine... I have parrots who know my name and they fly into my room and land on my bed and wake me up if I don't answer when they call my name...and they don't give up when asking for juice or treats when they want them...I really want to have some sleep while recovering...but, its !$25 per day per bird to 'kennel' exoctic birds at the vets...so I guess since I'm not a millionaire...I"ll be listening to my name called over and over again with demands for juice and treats...until I can drag my butt out of bed and serve the spoiled brats I created...LOL
Suzilator

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register