Pre-op Blues (and jitters) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op Blues (and jitters) Pre-op Blues (and jitters)

Unread 10-07-2003, 11:56 AM
Pre-op Blues (and jitters)

I will have my TVH on Oct 23. I have adenocarcinoma in situ (cervical cancer in place) Hopefully this surgery will take care of it for once and for all. I have some strange symptoms going on that have been nagging me for several months that the doctor doesnt seem to validate or recognize, but maybe some of you will. I feel like "hormonal surges" like when I was pregnant. I have twitching in my uterus also. The main thing though is those hormones you feel while youre pregnant that race through your body. Its not painful or uncomfortable but just strange. Dr. is planning to leave my ovaries alone, but as much as i like that idea, I cant help but to wonder if there is something up with my hormones and they may be at the root of all of this.

I am getting quite nervous, and upset about all of this. It has already been such a roller coaster ride since my "bad pap" a few months ago. I was told that the cone biopsy i had would cure me of the dysplasia, but then they found cancer. So here I go. I just wonder if this is ever going to end.

I woke up this morning with some sort of nasty chest virus also... I'm usually the rock for the family and theyre all freaking out. It's as though i'm on a time limit to get these health issues straightened out so that I can get back to taking care of them all. It keeps dragging on. Sure hope this bug goes away soon or it may delay surgery, and that would be terrible.

If any of you got through this depressing post, (I'm usually a hoot, really thanks for listening.

The one thing I would really like to ask any of the sisters out there that are into prayer would be to please really actively pray for me. I need prayer because I am so depressed lately that I have not been able to pray very well. I'm not sure if i'm angry or shocked or what! Anyway, if anyone would pray for me, I would appreciate it so very much.
Also any information or advise on the above symptoms.
Love,
Tanca (Terry)

AIS (hopefully it stops there)
TVH scheduled 10/23
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2003, 12:03 PM

Terry-

I think it's completely normal to have the feelings you are having. I am scheduled for a LAVH on the 22nd for almost the same reasons as you: CIN3 (instead of CIS). Also keeping ovaries (hopefully).

Also found out yesterday that I have a bladder infection, so now I'm on 1000 mg of antibiotics to try to clear that up before surgery in 15 days!

I haven't had any babies, so I don't know about the hormone surges, but I do know that I have "felt strange" down there for about a year and no one ever really addressed that. Twinges, feelings like I was ovulating (even though I'm on pill), etc. I know some women get their hormone levels checked before hyst so they know what to try to recreate afterwards.

I, too, have been suffering from depression. Having a hard time getting the simplest tasks done. But try to keep your chin up and focus on getting better. That's the main thing right now.

Tell your doctor about all of your feelings also and maybe she can prescribe something ahead of time to help take the edge off.

Best to you!
Unread 10-07-2003, 01:30 PM

Hi there,
I have experienced some of what you are saying... hormonally. I took a pregnancy test 2 weeks prior to surgery, just to make sure. I actually had some discharge from my breasts, the doctor said it was due to hormones. I too had some uterine twitching, and "hormone surges" running through my body.
I'm a week 1/2 post op now, and still experiencing these strange symptoms (now I think the "twitching", and contracting feeling is gas) . No advice... just know what you mean.

I had my TAH for cervical cancer too. I also came down with a cold one week before surgery, and it made it so much more difficult afterwards. I will pray for you to recover from your cold in time.

I think it is time for you to think about YOU... don't worry about taking care of everybody else... sounds like it's time for somebody to take care of you!

Hang in there...you aren't alone... you will be in my thoughts and prayers.... Becka
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2003, 10:51 AM
Becca and Janet

Thanks for your replies. It is interesting and I know very complex. The doctors are looking for specific things but our bodies are so very complex. . And thank you for the support and prayers. Hopefully we can keep in touch as I continue to try to get to the bottom of this hormone thing. I'm sure there is important information to be found out there that will help me to ask the right questions to my doctor and be healed.

Thanks again,

Tanca

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register