no real diagnosis? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

no real diagnosis? no real diagnosis?

Unread 12-31-2005, 02:37 PM
no real diagnosis?

It seems that everyone has definitive answers of the actual problem. I do not. I had a TL back in 2001, noticed as time went on that periods were progressively worse, had a lapro.in 2003, found no endo. Things continued to get worse. No heavy bleeding, pain during intercourse and periods painful, moving from a couple days to several etc. Some cramping throughout the month. Have tried progesterone, depression set in... can't take the pill, more side effects. The doctor has pretty much thrown in the towel and says the only thing to cure it is the hysterectomy... actually looking forward to the relief! He feels that more tests are useless, likely adeno or fibroids. Is it unusual not have all that info. ahead of time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2005, 03:05 PM
no real diagnosis?

Hi lo1369,

I had adenomyosis, which was not diagnosed until after my surgery by the pathology report. This is common.

If you have not seen additional Dr's for 2nd and 3rd opinions, it is always a good idea to do so. Another Dr may have information regarding treatment that your current Dr doesn't have. If all 3 Dr's agree, then there will be less doubt for you. If they don't agree, then it is time to do more searching.

s,
Kay
Unread 12-31-2005, 03:14 PM
no real diagnosis?

I, too, had adeno and not diagnosed until post-op. I had been through test, after test, after test to no avail too. Very frustrating. I was told that most time's this diagnosis is a really tough one and the only absolute guarantee you have this condition is finding out after the hyst is done.

Had my hyst done and feeling absolutely, positively 150% better than I have in YEARS!!! I'm 10-wks post-op and am looking forward to a whole New Year without the pain I've been in prior to surgery. Even after all this time, I'm still finding tampons and pads all over in hidden places! Boy, I sure don't miss those....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2005, 03:35 PM
no real diagnosis?

My periods were not caused by any serious disease or cancer. My were basically caused by wacko hormones. They did tests to determine if there was a definite cause and the only answer that they could determine was hormones.

Having the hysterectomy was the best thing that I did. Am much happier now and feel better than I have in years.
Unread 01-05-2006, 08:35 PM
no real diagnosis?

I can't tell you how happy I am to find these posts! I too have no diagnosis for my pain. My main complaint is severe pain/cramping after an orgasm and pain during intercourse. I've been on the depo shot and although my spotting and cramps have increased, I do not have regular periods to know if they are changing. I've been to three doctors and had a laporosocpy. They can't find anything. I've been told it could be adenomyosis. My doctor said she has nothing else to offer me but a hysterectomy. I go in a couple of weeks to talk with her about surgery and to set up my appointment. But I'm scared. It's uncomfortable making such a big decision without knowing why I'm having this pain. So finding out that there are other women out there who have gone through this is reassuring. Thanks!!
Christy
Unread 01-05-2006, 08:55 PM
no real diagnosis?

lo1369, was the progesterone you tried natural or synthetic. Was it Depo or birth control pills, etc? If it was not natural progesterone cream then one of the side effects is depression.

Please try reading Dr. John Lee's books, "What your Dr. may not tell you about Menopause" or What your Dr. may not tell you about Premenoupause". They carry them on this website. It addresses so many of these female only issues. Natural progesterone cream and a naturopathic regime reduced my fibroid from softball to golfball and allowed me to have only the myomectomy instead of a hysterectomy.
Unread 01-06-2006, 07:37 AM
no real diagnosis?

not to discourage you, but i tried natural progesterone, and that didn't help either. i had to use so much of it to be effective to stop the bleeding, and the more i used the worse i felt in other areas (mood, etc.). i am pretty much in the same boat with you, 1369. they "suspect" adeno but don't know for sure. recent lap showed nothing. he said the uterus was slightly enlarged, but not enough for him to even make a note on the surgery notes.

i do have a cervical condition that he thinks is causing a lot of bleeding. i'm going to post about that in a separate post.

good luck.
Unread 01-06-2006, 08:28 AM
no real diagnosis?

I have had the same symptoms as you. I had tried birth control pill and they were no help. I had my surgery three weeks ago and my pathology report showed adenomyosis. It is my understanding that the only way for this diagnosis to be confirmed is by a pathology of the uterus following a hysterectomy. Although I am still having some discomfort from my hysterectomy three weeks ago it is nothing like the cramps I was experiancing three weeks out of the month.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register