Cervix Removal surgery 9/23/09...had LSH 12/3/08....any advice? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cervix Removal surgery 9/23/09...had LSH 12/3/08....any advice? Cervix Removal surgery 9/23/09...had LSH 12/3/08....any advice?

Unread 09-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Cervix Removal surgery 9/23/09...had LSH 12/3/08....any advice?

I will be having my cervix removed Wed 9/23/09 after having an LSH 12/3/08. Just wondering if anyone out there has had to go back in and have this done and if anyone has any advice for me on recovery, do's and dont's etc...Just ready for the bleeding to be done once and for all. A little nervous

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Re: Cervix Removal surgery 9/23/09...had LSH 12/3/08....any advice?

((trishd6))

I am sorry you are needing to have a trachelectomy. I hope the surgery is successful for you!

There have been other ladies on the site who have needed a trachelectomy for one reason or another. You might want to do a search so you can read their threads.

Unread 09-30-2009, 10:23 PM

Trishd6...

Hello! I am in a similar situation as you. I had my supra-cervical hysterectomy Aug. '08 as an emergency. I have had no bleeding following except for light bleeding a month or two post surgery. This Aug. '09, I had to under go a cystoscopy and hydrodistension of the bladder to test for Interstitial Cystitis. The day following this surgery I began a full on period, clots and all. It has been ongoing on and off 3-4 days and just the a few days ago got so bad I ended up in my GYN's office as an emergency appointment. They ended up having to cauterize my cervix which completely stopped the bleeding but no less than 12-14 hours later, my 'period' was back in full vengence. I went back in that day and again saw my GYN who suggested removal of my cervix. I am a little worried about the sexual aspect as well as the pain in recovering again! Please keep us posted on your recovery and your experience.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2009, 07:09 PM

I just had the surgery last wednesday and so far the recovery has been very similar to the LSH that I had back in december. My main complaint has been the cramping but my doc said that is normal because there is stiches and basically it has been invaded in there. Nothing that pain pills haven't been able to cure. I am on a week post recovery and feeling pretty good. I am scheduled to go back to work next wed but I think I may postpone that as I am a slow healer and I have a low pain tolerance. The hardest part has been the lifting restriction. The restriction is 6 weeks of no lifting over 10 pounds. I violated that about 5 days after and paid for it too. The other restriction is no intercourse for 4-6 weeks until cleared by doc

I am not really worried about the sexual aspect of things because what my doc explained to me is that in all of the hundreds of patients he has had none have complained of anything different afterwards.

I did end up in the hospital two days after with major pain and more than the pain pills could help but I ended up having a bladder infection. Could have been related but on antibiotics and everything is clearing up just fine with that. Pretty painful but made it through that too

Any other questions you may have let me know I would be glad to give you any other info that I have
Unread 10-07-2009, 12:12 PM

Trish, I'd like to know how your cervix was removed. I'm 1 year post SAH, and recently discovered that my continuing pain is due to a pedunculated fibroid on my cervix -- which may have been there since 2001 and was missed by the doctor who did my abdominal hyst! You'd think a 7 cm growth would be impossible to "miss," but apparently things can "hide" in less accessible areas.

Anyway, the new doc is going to use the DaVinci to separate the fibroid (myomectomy) and then remove my cervix and the fibroid vaginally. He hasn't talked to me about restrictions, etc., because of course a repeat surgery is unpredictable due to adhesions, etc. I'm just hoping my recovery goes as well as yours . . .
Unread 10-10-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishd6 View Post
I will be having my cervix removed Wed 9/23/09 after having an LSH 12/3/08. Just wondering if anyone out there has had to go back in and have this done and if anyone has any advice for me on recovery, do's and dont's etc...Just ready for the bleeding to be done once and for all. A little nervous

Thanks
Please let me know how your surgery went, I am facing having the same thing done after 3 yrs. I am really worried about having another surgery. I hope everything went well for you and your are feeling much better and the bleeding is gone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register