Adenomyosis - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-06-2006, 09:03 AM
Sorry for the double reply

Sorry for the double reply. My computer was being uncooperative yesterday. Ididn't think it went thru.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2006, 06:29 PM
Adenomyosis

Can't wait,

I'm sorry that you are going through this at such a young age.

It is so frustrating to feel that a part of your body is so out of control. There seems to be no rhythm or rhyme of reason to my bleeding.
Unread 04-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Adenomyosis

HI
Adenomyosis is endometriosis internal. That is how my doctor explained it to me. I was diagnosed in november but waited untill February to have the hyst. I had overseas visitors. Some of the symptoms were very heavy periods, heavy golfball sized clots, Boggy uterus upon examination. I was diagnosed by ultrasound. and internal exam, and questions by my doctor. I also had a stomach that looked 3-6months pregnant. During the month I felt like I was in early labor and during my period I felt the pain was at the end of labor and ready to deliver the baby. I sometimes would pass out from the pain. I was also anemic from the heavy bleeding. I am so glad that I had this operation. I have already passed one cycle and the pain from recovery is not nearly as bad as the pain before. and the pain post op is temporary. My life is improving. I cant wait to be fully healed. things are looking up. I am almost 6 weeks.
Good luck to everyone with this problem and I hope You all have easy recoveries.
Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2006, 08:58 PM
another adeno sister!

Wow! This is a great thread - I never knew other people with my symptoms: jabbing stabbing pains every day of the month, horrible back ache, long heavy clotty periods and pain for 2 days after sex. I was diagnosed with adeno by MRI two years ago and I think it was the biggest problem I had. It was growing near the ureter and causing kidney-stone like pain. I am so glad I had the surgery. I've gotten my life (and brains) back. No more mind-numbing painkillers for me!
Kendo
Unread 04-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Adenomyosis

I was told I had adenomyosis on Wednesday. The Doc did an exam and said my uter. was enlarged and boggy. while he was poking around it hurt really bad. He said he could feel things..not sure what things he meant..i was too busy wondering when he was gonna quit hurting me. When he did the rectal part of the exam, that also hurt really bad, he says the adeno might be growing on my colon. I might have to have part of my colon removed too! .... I also have had lower back pain for years, pain after sex, like the next day. it was a sharp knife like pain...and I have IBS...anyone else? ....headaches that wont go away.....i've always been small, 5'3 and 120....in the past 8 years my tummy has grown to look like i'm 3 months preg...i thought i was just gaining weight in my belly. oh and someone asked how old were are...i'm 36. And i suspect this has been going on for years. ..........so pretty much like all of you are describing.
Unread 04-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Adenomyosis

shailea,
I to have been diagnosed with IBS ( by my primary care doc). Gyno said that it may be relieved by taking out my uterus. It could be "cramping" my bowels. How lucky I would be!
Unread 04-07-2006, 11:02 AM
Adenomyosis

I was told on yesterday that I had adenomyosis, I had a TAH.
Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register