Got my date | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-15-2004, 08:40 AM
Got my date

Well, I went to the doctor's yesterday and went over the long list of failed treatments: lap, D&C, BC pills, progesterones, Lupron....yikes! So, we decided to schedule the hyst. Imagine my surprise when he told me that it was scheduled for the 23rd! I figured I'd have at least a month or so, but I've got a week. So much for all the housework I wanted to catch up on! LOL

I'm sure that it will change some as the date approaches, but right now I'm just feeling relieved. I'm so tired of feeling like my disfunctional uterus has taken over my life. I know that there is the possibility of complications, but the chance to have my life back is what is driving me.

My doc is planning on a LAVH with the removal of my right ovary (turns out there's a couple of cysts on it he doesn't like). I've never had trouble with my left ovary, so we're leaving that in and hoping it takes care of my hormonal needs. Assuming all goes well, I'll only be in the hosptal one night, so that's one less worry for me.

I just wanted to thank you all for your support over the last few months, and I hope I don't drive you all nuts with the questions that are sure to pop up in the next week or so!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2004, 09:38 AM
Dihanna

Hi there just wanted to welcome you to the 23rd jan girls op day that is mine and many others and yes it is a week away,good luck to you all and you are all in my thoughts and prayers love Hayleyx x x
somehow I think that date will stay implanted in my head like a birthday date for the rest of my life,at the moment it means more to me than dec 25th.
Unread 01-15-2004, 09:41 AM
Got my date

Congratulations on getting your date! I know it may seem quick, but it's really a blessing. Now you won't have TOO long to worry and obsess!

I too only had about a week to prepare, and was grateful it wasn't longer!

And please feel free to post all your questions and concerns here - that's what we're here for!

Hayley, I had to laugh at your comment about the date. It's been well over 3 years for me, but if anyone asks me when I had my hyst, I can immediately quote "August 10th, 2000". It's not a date I'll soon forget - it's the date I got my life back!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register