Something all pre-ops should know about | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Something all pre-ops should know about Something all pre-ops should know about

Unread 12-29-2000, 03:06 PM
Something all pre-ops should know about

Hi Sisters,
I'm Post-op now so I spend a bit more time hanging out on the Post-op side but it doesn't mean that I've forgotten what it was like over here by any means. By the way, I'm doing fine. The reason I know this? Because I'm not thinking about me so much anymore and am more concerned about some other Sisters out there. I just read a post from a Post-op sister who complained of an extra stitch having been placed in her during a repair procedure. The title of the post was DID MY DOCTOR DO THIS TO ME? I think it's important that each of you take a look at the post. For 99% of you this could never happen since you are likely not having the repair work that this Sister had but for the very few that might be signed up I would like for you to have as much info on your side as possible. Fortunately for me I was not in the line up of surgeries that would have put me in position to have this done but I'm concerned for the other Sisters who may not be given all the information that they should. This is not to alarm anyone, but keep you informed. An informed woman can make decisions about her body and that is your right and responcibity. So take a look ladies and tell me if any of you are as outraged as I am.

S@ndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2000, 03:26 PM
Gave you all the wrong name to check.

Hi Sisters,
I gave you the wrong Post subject to check on the Post-op site. The correct subject was "Did your Doctor do this?
S@ndy
Unread 12-29-2000, 08:20 PM

I'm a post-op who was also shocked by that post. I'm just bumping this back to the top of the list so more LIW's will read it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2000, 08:24 PM

My doctor did posterior repair on me, which requires several of those "extra stitches". I am not regretting at all. Things were very stretched out for me since the birth of my children. It is wrong for a doctor to do this without the patients consent!! Do not allow your doctors to do anything without you knowing, unless it is to save your life. I asked for the repair, this other woman did not!

Be informed, and make sure you have a doctor that respects you as a woman, not just your husband as a man. If you get what I mean

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register