Home from the Castle! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home from the Castle! Home from the Castle!

Unread 06-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Home from the Castle!

Well, I just got home from the castle and I must say that I'm feeling pretty good! Had my surgery Tuesday at 7:30am. All went well and I was in recovery by 9:30. I slept most of the day and remember very little. I do remember being in a great deal of pain and pushing the button on that morphine pump as often as I could! I was up walking and showering Wednesday morning and was happy when the official "passing of the gas" occured! Dinner on Wednesday was my first solid food and I'll tell you, a turkey sandwich never tasted so good!! I was discharged this morning and was more than happy to go home. Although I am certainly "ok" with my decision to have a hysterectomy....it was difficult to hear those babies crying on the maternity floor where I was. And ironic as it was, the day I was discharged was my son's 10th birthday.....meaning that 10 years ago, I had given birth! How ironic is that! Now....I am in surgical menopause and am scared to death of what's ahead. No hormones yet.....my dr. wants to wait and see. Someone please tell me that I'm going to be ok!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Home from the Castle!

Lisa,

Glad to hear you are home and feeling good. Get plenty of rest and drink lots of water and you'll be fine. Listen to your body, it will let you know if you over do, which you will just as most of us have. The key is when your body lets you know, you listen to it!

Take care and best wishes!
Unread 06-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Home from the Castle!

Hi-
Yes, I am here to tell you that you will be alright. Just take it easy, and rest, don't do to much, your energy level will surely get better over the next few weeks, but be sure to keep your activity level low, you only have one chance to heal right so be sure to follow the princess rules, rest ,short walks, and plenty of water. Now kick back, throw your feet up (softly) and get used to the official title of PRINCESS.

Big gentle hugs, and an uncomplicated recovery
snickers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2005, 02:45 PM
Home from the Castle!

Welcome Home Roz5

I didn't know I'd be losing my ovaries so I wasn't prepared for surgical menopause. I had no books at home and although the net is full of info, sitting at my computer was uncomfortable. Then, another sister recommended this site: Survivor's Guide to Surgical Menopause and I printed off all the pages to read from my comfy couch. It really helped me understand some of the many terms, etc. I found lots of wonderful help in the Hormone Jungle (HRT- No HRT) too.

On my 6th post-op day I was in tears for no reason and cried all day. It frightened me to be suddenly out of control of my emotions and I was terrified I'd stay like that. My doctor's nurse just happened to phone to check up on me and I told her what was happening. I'm so glad she called when she did, because I was embarrassed and wouldn't have called about it. I was started on HRT (despite my history of endo) and felt better in just a couple days. Now I know those things *are* reason to call your doctor. Who knows what a state I'd have been in had I waited for my next visit several weeks away! I'd expected the hot flashes, but the tears were a surprise to me.

Some women notice dramatic changes after a BSO, while others seem to do pretty well. I hope you are one of the lucky ones. Just be sure to let your doctor know how you are feeling.

Best wishes for a smooth recovery.
s, Beth
Unread 06-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Thank You

Beth,
Thank you so much for that web-site! I am scared to death of what's ahead...though, am confident in my decision to have the ovaries taken out. My biggest fear is being home alone while recovering. I'm afraid of getting depressed; I'm afraid of not being active (I am a walker and NEED to get back on that treadmill ASAP!); I'm afraid of gaining weight (I lost 50 pounds this past year and am trying to maintain).....I WILL make it through this! This Hyster Sisters web-site is a saving grace! And thank you again, Beth, for your words of encouragement!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register