Smelly, hairy,....is this also from the surgery?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Smelly, hairy,....is this also from the surgery?? Smelly, hairy,....is this also from the surgery??

Unread 09-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Smelly, hairy,....is this also from the surgery??

Wonderful title HUH? Well, here's the deal. I seem to have to use more deoderant than I had to before surgery. No one else seems to notice...and I've asked a few close friends and they either don't notice (or are too nice to acknowledge), so I'm not sure If I smell worse or if I'm just more sensitive to it now that ovaries are gone and hormones are via my patch. Also...it seems that I'm having to shave my legs, etc. a bit sooner than normal...Is is possible that this, too, is from my surgery...that maybe my hair is growing in faster?? I don't know...maybe I'm bonkers...but I was hoping maybe someone else had experienced similar stuff. I don't mind being "hairy-smelly no ovary girl" compared to what my life was like before surgery....I'd just like to know that I at least share the title. hehehe

Let me know if you've noticed any of this.
Blessings
Tank the Hairy and Smelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2008, 05:07 PM

Tank: I don't know if this qualifies, but my underarm hair has "migrated" lower under my arms!
Unread 09-25-2008, 05:10 PM

I will be glad when the smell DOWN THERE goes....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2008, 05:24 PM

Thanks for the responses so far...I'm hoping others will follow....we can all join the "hairy-smelly club" so we won't feel alone...cause the only thing worse than being "hairy and smelly" is doing it all by yourself...

Nik,

Hey Girlfriend....I'm laughing so hard about the "migration" of hair...trying really hard not to get a visual. I guess with you doing that and keeping your ovaries - I might have to change my new title to "hairy/smelly post-hyster girl".....maybe it's not just the hormones...maybe it's also just the no Uterus thing...who knows.
Unread 09-25-2008, 05:27 PM

lol....yes i can relate to the smelly hairy qualities i've obtained when i cashed out my ovaries. gee, thanks! lol

but alas, you are not alone!
Unread 09-25-2008, 05:37 PM

AAAHHH you guys are funny. I have been taking more showers lately sometimes 2 or 3 a day. I went to Bath & body works and went crazy!!!!
Unread 09-25-2008, 05:49 PM

Me too tjaxx...but isn't it amazing how the funk comes back and all we do is lay around? LOL!
Unread 09-25-2008, 05:53 PM

I really don't know about the hair growth rate thing -- I've only managed to shave my legs twice since surgery because it's been too painful to reach them! Maybe I'll try tomorrow . . .
Unread 09-25-2008, 05:55 PM

I think my nose is extra sensitive too. I've been buring candles and spraying febreeze and air freshner and I tell DH to turn on the oven fan and open the windows when he is cooking.
Unread 09-25-2008, 07:03 PM

tjaxx I am with you on the nose thing. That could also contribute to the smell we all seem to smell. Maybe we aren't really extra hairy or smelly we just smell what we didn't smell before.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register