10 weeks TAH postop...i've got pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 weeks TAH postop...i've got pain 10 weeks TAH postop...i've got pain

Unread 10-11-2011, 11:40 PM
10 weeks TAH postop...i've got pain

I'm hoping that any of you ladies that are 10 weeks and beyond will ease my trouble mind. I've been feeling great, almost normal and was having no discomfort up until 3 days ago. I am not sure what I did and nothing stands out except for attempting to align my spine by laying on the floor, rotating my lower body with knees slightly bent one way and my upper body and arms the other way...twisting to align my spine. This was Saturday morning.

It's Tuesday..no Wednesday now and I'm icing. My right side on my incision line has pain. It's not severe, but it's bothersome and noticeable. It hurts when I exert my ab muscles to just clear my throat. I took a pain pill and I still feel the dull ache/throb. If I don't feel like my pain is better tomorrow afternoon, I will call the Dr's office and talk to the nurse. But I was hoping that some of the ladies here who have had a TAH that are further out Post op would tell me if they experienced pain this far out.

I know recovery is a process and I know that we're all different...but I truly thought I was over the hump. I've got no bleeding....everything is normal except for the pain I am now feeling. I'm really bummed. In my heart of hearts, I don't think I've messed something up...but need to hear from those further out that have taken 3 steps back for a few days. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2011, 03:06 AM
Re: 10 weeks TAH postop...i've got pain

I am 9 weeks TAH and I was doing okay then all of a sudden I have soreness by the incision and some pains in the abdomen too. I also have nausea and feel really week. I am back to work and trying to slow down, I thought I caused it but I was told by a nurse that you can have pains until 6 months, do not think because you feel good you can do everything normal right away, YOU CANT. Its a big surgery and its horrible. Slow down and see if it feels better, if not see the doc. That is what I am going to do.
Unread 10-12-2011, 07:05 AM

Hystopt,

I so appreciate your responding to my post and your written words. I know your right about the pain. The pain I am feeling was/is just discouraging when I was feeling no pain and normal...as in not as cognative that i'd had surgery then this. I've been taking it easy and will continue to do so. The pain isn't as intense this a.m...but I'll see what happens as the day wears on. Again, Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2011, 07:12 AM

I can tell you that I am 5 months out and I still have pain at times....usually at both ends of my incision. It's not every day and it's not sever, but it is there every now and then when I over do it, or stretch wrong. I know what you mean about aligning your back that way...that's how I do it and it was awhile before I was able to do it after surgery, but when you need to do it, you need to do it...am I right?

I'm sure it is just normal healing pains, but always check with your if you feel there is something wrong. Try to take it easy for awhile. You still have hundreds of stitches on the inside that take up to a year to heal.

Best of luck to you and hope you start feeling wonderful soon!!
Unread 10-12-2011, 08:36 AM

Thanks Traci, I'm glad what i'm going thru right now is normal....I'm also feeling guilty about not wanting to be intimate every single day with my Husband. I have throughout the course of this journey pleasured him and helped him out with my hands or mouth...even when I wasn't feeling great or even wanting to..I love my Husband. Right now, I feel bird dogged daily to have sex or to pleasure him orally. I'm frustrated because our libidos are at different spectrums. He can't seem to keep his hands off himself and me and if I don't respond he pouts or gives me the cold shoulder because he didn't "get off" this in return makes me feel bad...it also causes resentment probably on both sides. I just want to feel better so we can get back on track in the bedroom. Am I being unreasonable? Probably too much info...I'm frustrated and I know he is too. Back to the original question.....Today, I still have the ache on my incision...I iced thru the night and it seems a little better today..so this is a good thing.
Unread 10-12-2011, 08:58 AM

It is probably going to take some time before you are ready to resume EVERYTHING in the bedroom....I waited 2 months and even then, we took things very slowly. You are not being unreasonable at all....he should be a little more patient. I'm sorry you have to go through that.

He should also be trying to pleasure you as well...it's not a one way street here!!

Give it some time...you will get there!
Unread 10-12-2011, 09:34 AM

Traci, he would pleasure me every hour of the day...but I'm just not in that frame of mind. I don't care about having an orgasm 3 times a day...and quite frankly, just not in the mood to be diddled down there. I correlate our marital bed with me being a mere pleasure unit. I correlate our bedroom as a place where I can't just be close and affectionate without it always leading to sex. Sometimes I really just want to be able to take a nap without having my husband grope me...he's smothering me with his insatiable appetite....and I then feel guilty. I'm blue. Thanks for letting me vent...Glad I have this place to do so.
Unread 10-12-2011, 10:09 AM

You poor thing. I'm so sorry you are going through this. This might be something that the two of you should talk to someone about. Maybe some counseling would do you both some good.

You should never feel guilty for not being in the mood. Sometimes, you just aren't in the mood. I am sure it makes it very hard to get in the mood when you feel smothered like you do.

I'm always here if you need to vent. I'm a really good listener and LOVE helping others. If you ever need me, just send me a message.
Unread 10-12-2011, 10:26 AM

Thanks Traci!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register