2 weeks from tomorrow!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks from tomorrow!! 2 weeks from tomorrow!!

Unread 06-14-2010, 02:23 PM
2 weeks from tomorrow!!

Well I go in for my TAH on the 29th.....now the nervousness is really setting in. I have a friend who just went through one in May and she is doing well. I know that should make me feel better but i am still getting very anxious!! I must admit it makes me feel better to hear the good outcomes on this website. It's the not so good ones that have me freaking out lol. Hopefully the next two weeks go by quickly!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Re: 2 weeks from tomorrow!!

DO NOT READ the post-op threads before surgery!!!!!!!! I know, I couldn't resist either!! I wanted to know what I was in for, but keep in mind there are plenty of princesses out there that only post if they are having issues they need help with.

I had a TAH six weeks ago today! Wow! I must say, the time really does go by fast!

I understand your anxiousness, but don't do that to yourself! I have never, ever had any kind of surgery until my TAH. I was freaked out at first, but for some reason the last two weeks before my surgery I just had a talk with myself and said I can't possibly live like this for two entire weeks yet!!! Believe it or not, somehow it worked...all the way up to entering the operating room!

It all works out just fine! Have confidence in your doctor and the staff. They know what they are doing!!

You will be MORE than fine!!! We are all here for you if you have any questions!!!

Hang in there and I send you all my best!!
Unread 06-14-2010, 05:02 PM

I'm going in the same day as you. I am having a tvh. I'm not sure if I'm scares or excited. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2010, 05:02 PM

I was too scared to read the post-op boards before my surgery. I'd had abdominal surgery in the past and knew what I was up against. I had my TAH on 5/3 (so 6 weeks today) and I'm also doing really well. Just be sure to follow all of your doctor's orders after the surgery. Rest as much as possible and walk when you can.

Take good care!
Unread 06-14-2010, 05:29 PM

I'm going in for a TAH June 29 also. My first major procedure! I am freaking!!! I made the mistake of reading some of the post-op's also. My parents preachers wife had it 2 weeks ago and I couldn't believe her! I talked to her the next day on the phone and she was doing AWESOME!!! Let's all focus on the positive! They do this everyday, right?
Unread 06-14-2010, 06:41 PM

I'm going in for my TAH/BSO on the 29th, also!!! We WILL be fine!!! (It's my mantra, since I'm not scared of the surgery, but of all things, I'm scared of the IV's, since my veins like to hide!!)

Think how nice it's gonna be to not have to deal with the pain anymore once you're recovered from the surgery. I'm looking forward to being able to be "me" again and do the things that I haven't been able to do in a while now. I want to walk until my knee hurts (arthritis). I want to bend and pick up my dogs and hold them in my arms. Of all things, I want to be able to stand at my kitchen sink and do the darn dishes!!! And I will be able to do all those things once I have this surgery and recover!!!
Unread 06-14-2010, 07:00 PM

I know, I keep trying to tell myself I will be fine. So far everybody I have talked to says I will not regret it. I hope they are right. I wish I could just calm down. As far as needles, they don't really bother me, it's just EVERYTHING else. LOL!!!!
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:48 AM

Thanks for all the positive thoughts! Good luck to u other ladies as well
Unread 06-15-2010, 09:03 AM

I'm having mt TAH+BSO - actually - everything goes... For some reason I had my freaking out phase last week, and now I'm sort of spaced out. I'm not getting much done in the "getting ready" department, but at least I'm not hyper ventilating eather.
I think that the best thing would be to keep youselves busy, and have a lot of fun atuvutues...
Good luck all of us,
Unread 06-15-2010, 09:04 AM

My surgery is July 2nd and I, too, am getting very anxious.

Try to keep busy - it helps.

We will get through this !!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register