Falling apart | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Falling apart Falling apart

Unread 06-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Falling apart

June 22 can not get here fast enough. I feel like I am falling apart. I normally am not a crier, but that is all that I am doing. The pain has gotten so much worse in the last week that I just can't seem to get a grip. And on top of everyting I work at a Catholic Church, our priest (my boss) is being transfered to another church on July 5 and I am expected to handle everything. There is a meeting with the new priest on June 27 that I am "required" to be at. I just want to run away from it all. Sorry must go, starting to cry again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2006, 08:10 AM
Falling apart

falling apart,
I had my hysteretomy on the 1st of june, and let me first say that after it is done the only thing you should be required to do is rest and take it easy.I am now in week 2 and have a huge absese on the left side of my incision and have to wait until week 5 to get it drained.I am only 29 and everyone, even my own Dr. told me I'll be up and running in a week, so please keeep in mind there can be unforseen complications and everything else needs to be put on hold.Even "required" things.I am a mother of 3 who has found it very hard to ask for help from neighbors and friends, but out of need I have.I had a complete abdominal with bladder repair.Please don't cry and keep your chin up, I know that all of the pain that I put up with pre-op and now post-op will be worth it in the end.
Jessie1114
Unread 06-14-2006, 08:18 AM
Falling apart

Hang in there sweetheart! Any major life event is enough to trigger all those pent up emotions, but with so much going on in your life, I know you must be feeling overwhelmed!

Is there a way you can meet you the "boss" early? Maybe write a note (or email) and let him know ahead of time what is happening in your life? I'm sure he would like the heads up and would be willing to help you out of the meeting if at all possible. I understand what it is like to loose a spiritual leader like that - one that you have worked so closely with - but all things work for the good of those that love the Lord. HE must be prepairing you for something (or someone) very special. ((HUGS))

Allow yourself some space. Before my trip to the castle, I was an emotional wreck with three small kids at home and no idea how I was going to get through SIX WEEKS of recovery. I am now on week 5 with post op on Firday and I have learned SO much about myself and my loved ones. They really stepped up and helped me out. I found out just how relentless I am on MYSELF. I am learing to let go (my floors are filthy right now!), release my emotions (I am letting myself cry for the first time) and lean on God instead of doing for myself. It can be a tough journey, but I feel like such a stronger woman now.

I am sending you prayer for peace and an understanding heart from those around you. You are not expected to "handle it" here.

Heather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Falling apart

Hi Gar, your stress is so understandable. And it's important that you listen to it. It is tellin you something. Your dr can "make" you stay away from that meeting. You do not need to be there. You will be 5 days out of Major Surgery and you need to rest. Let the church call in some volunteers, temps, or ask another church for help. God loves those who help others in need. And you need to remember that you should let that happen. You will be allowing God's work to be done by taking care of his holiest temple. Your Body. I so promise you that your church will not fall apart.
You are important and I would love to see you get the best of care and help during your time of need. And it's very important that you realize that you might have to be "benched" for a couple of weeks. I had the easy LSH surgery but developed a nasty hematoma that kept me out of work for 2 months. I was expecting like 3 weeks. But I didn't fret. I laid back and took care of me.
I wish you the very best as a Lady in Waiting. And hip hooray when you are a Princess! Pamper that Princess ! Okay?
Unread 06-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Falling apart

I think that one thing I have been gearing myself up for is that people are just going to have totake NO for an answer. You need to start doing the same. I am not sure what type of surgery you are having, but do not force yourself to go to this meeting.
Take care of you and your own healing. The people at the church should, and will, be understanding.

I am soo sorry that you are so stressed. It will be over soon sweetheart. We are here for you.

But please, do what is right for you. You only have one chance to heal.
Unread 06-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Falling apart

You sound really stressed, I can relate. Have you expressed your concerns with him/her?
Unread 06-14-2006, 10:20 AM
Falling apart

You need to tell them you will not be able to make this meeting. I don't know if you are having abdominal or lap or what, but one week after your surgery your hiney WILL be resting & recovering. You will be on painkillers which will probably make you loopy. Maybe suggest a meeting before your surgery. (I don't know that you will even feel up to that right now either.) Maybe a teleconference. If you show up at that meeting, I'd bet a paycheck they will assume your are just fine & give you more things to do that you should not be doing during your recovery. Please address this with your boss as soon as you have collected yourself. I think it will help ease your mind once you have let them know it just is NOT POSSIBLE for you to make that meeting. You have been in pain long enough & you cannot postpone your surgery for them. Big huge HUGS to you & you are in my prayers. I too was an emotional wreck the week before my surgery.
Unread 06-14-2006, 07:44 PM
A BIG Thank you

Thank you to all that replied to me. I do not know what I would be doing if I had not found this wonderful group. Everyone here is such a wonderful inspiration to me. Thank you again.

Beth
Unread 06-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Falling apart

PLEASE PLEASE listen to all your hystersisters! At this time in your life you have to come first no matter what! I've been weepy these last few days but I'm stressed and scared, one week to go,it's expected You'll feel better after your pre-op, I did. REMEMBER PAMPER THE PRINCESS! we're all here to support you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register