Been 1 week and already feeling anxious | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Been 1 week and already feeling anxious Been 1 week and already feeling anxious

Unread 12-21-2013, 03:30 AM
Been 1 week and already feeling anxious

Its been one week today since my surgery. I am already feeling anxious and want to be up doing what I did before. However I am learning fast that I am limited to my activities and still get tired very quickly. How long before I am going to be able to stay awake all day? Or better yet when can I sit in a bathtub? I have showered every other day since surgery and keep my incisions clean and dry but I am truly looking forward to sitting in a nice bath.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Re: Been 1 week and already feeling anxious

I had a laparoscopic vaginal hysterectomy on Wednesday and I feel the same way. I am anxious to take a bath. I want to do everything I did before and I am very tired. I guess we just need to relax lol.
Unread 12-21-2013, 10:59 PM

Rest now and let your body heal. If you don't take the time now, you may pay for it later. You will be back to normal soon. Don't rush it. I remember feeling the same way early on. I wasn't given a bath restriction; however, I'm more of a shower girl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2013, 08:45 AM

Good morning beautiful sisters, Thank you for your replys. Yeah I agree its best to do as were told by our Dr.s for a reason so we dont get to hurting worse later. I also love taking showers, as a mom to 4 kids its the fastest and easiest.On that note, I have always been one to sit in the tub and relax when I am not feeling well. I dont know why really, it just seems to make the eewww feelings better. LOL. I also want to mention ladies that this site has helped me out quite a bit with this dramatic change in my life. Having such wonderful women as your selves going through some what similair situations, has made this so much easier to get through. Merry Christmas Ladies.
Unread 12-22-2013, 08:47 AM

From what I understand about the bath restriction, its because holding water inside the Vagina after the particular procedure that we had, could mess up the inside stitches.
Unread 12-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Been 1 week and already feeling anxious

I am a mom of four as well and I enjoy. showers, but I love my bath time!! I am the same way, a bath makes me feel better when I am sick. Plus that is my time alone!! I hope you have a Merry Christmas as well!!
Unread 12-23-2013, 02:06 PM

I just had my six week follow-up and was thrilled to be told I was healing perfectly and all restrictions were lifted. I would say I was almost back to "normal" by week 4, but still tired easily and didn't lift anything over 20 pounds, bath, etc. Looking back, though there were times I was bored, lonely, eager to be doing "more", etc., I do credit being really careful with my excellent recovery.

My favorite things to help pass the time included watching DVDs of TV shows I've heard about but never had a chance to watch (Mad Men, Breaking Bad, etc.), knitting while listening to This American Life show archives online and organizing recipes. Looking back it seems like the time flew by but I do remember days that seemed long.

As others have said, this is your one chance at a good recovery - take advantage of it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register