Hello everyone | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello everyone Hello everyone

Unread 03-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Hello everyone

I had my LSH on 2-27-07. Does anyone have trouble sitting up in a chair? I only last about an hour then I have to go and prop up on the sofa. I am getting up and walking around the house as much as I can. How are you keeping yourselves entertained? I love to knit and crochet but so far I have not been feeling well enough to work on any projects. My eyes are also turning square from watching tv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Having trouble sitting up!

I had my surgery on March 2, 07 and this is the beginning of my second week. My lower back on the left side is hurting so bad that I can't sleep, sit up or walk. Pain killers don't even touch it. I have tried heating pad, but you can only do that for so long. Yes TV is driving me crazy, don't feel like reading - usually do. Sometimes I just lay here and cry because I feel so useless. Just wanted to let you know You aren't alone.
Unread 03-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Hang in there

Daka66

Thanks for the reply. I hope you get to feeling better soon. I have a hard time sleeping also. I will keep you and everyone here in my prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Hello everyone

I had a TLH and the first 2 weeks were hard. Not pain wise but just feeling ucky. After that I progressively got better until this week. I have vaginal cuff infection. Hang in there and try enjoy your recovery period.

Sherri
Unread 03-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Hello everyone

I got some puzzles to work on since tv just got so boring. I usually liked to read accept I found with all the meds I couldn't concentrate. I probably had 4 baths a day just to get some lower back relief from all that lying aorund!!! I'll be thinking of you all
hlb
Unread 03-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Hello everyone

Hey yarn queen ,I never used to like to knit until now-I got a knitting machine for Christmas-I'm going to make myself a sweater-Can make a toque in a hour-My recovery is now going fine now that the infection in my incision is gone.I too went stir crazy the first week.
Unread 03-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Hello everyone

Eyes turning square from watching TV ... I'll have to remember that one.

I did some gabbing on the phone, and I looked through pictures. (I was going to organize them, but of course that didn't really happen.) But I killed several hours just looking back on the years past that way. Then I got out my high school and college yearbooks, and I had some great fun thinking back on those years, too.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
Unread 03-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Hello everyone

I go out for lunch with moy husband or mom, then some light walking areound/window shopping then I come home and I am beat. I have the square eyes too, reading is not a pleasure now, I just can't seem to focus.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register