Pre op LOL why was I so crazy. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre op LOL why was I so crazy. Pre op LOL why was I so crazy.

Unread 01-31-2002, 10:29 AM
Pre op LOL why was I so crazy.

I really made my self insane for nothin'. All of my pre ops today were a breeze..... Doc calmed me down when he answered all my questions, Urodynamics went fine uncomofrtable but fine and the best news is no TVT Sling for my bladder. And my ovaries are coming out. Doc said no prob we will slap a patch on your atch. Hahaha Even the lil twit receptionist gave me a hug when I left. I told her I was sorry for being so mean she said i really wan't she had worse. Phew made me feel better. And hospital people were WONDERFUL. My rolly polly viens were nothing for the nurse. One shot @ it and I didn't even flinch. Got my 2 fleets and my douch, got my speech about no food and drinks after midnight, and was told to RELAXXXXXXXX & not to worry about pain cuz nurses get big lectures from drs for not administring pains meds when needed. Nurse said that she wsn't thrilled with women leaving hospital after 24 hrs though. she thnks 2 days is better but when ins companys are involved ..... won't get into that conversation it took longer then the preop. LOL. Needless to say she wasn't at all plsed. But am ready to go......
(((((Hugs to all))))))))
Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2002, 10:34 AM

Hi, Kim,

I'm glad your preop went so well. Really, as we keep telling the ladies-in-waiting, the waiting and worrying IS the worst part.

Good luck with your surgery, and let us know how you're doing, when you can.

Best wishes,
princessh
Unread 01-31-2002, 03:48 PM

Hey Kim!

You sound so much better. I'm glad everything went smoothly, and that you're feeling better about things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2002, 04:07 PM

I'm so glad your preop went so smooth, I think we were all a bit worried about you :-)
Good luck on an uneventful castle visit and a speedy recovery!
Unread 01-31-2002, 04:45 PM
Ahhhhh Sissies Thanks

It makes me feel wonderful knowing youa re all here cheering me on. I just had a wonderful dinenr with DH and we are going to relax and kick back. He thinks he needs to "Drain the Horse" one last time. I forgot to ask the doc is it ok? Don't see why it wouldn't be? But not sure.
Kim
Unread 01-31-2002, 05:12 PM
Pre op LOL why was i so crazy

hi!! i am glad that you feel ready to go,now. waiting IS the hardest part,and when you work,and have things to clear away,and days that have to get used up before taking disability leave,that can stress you out all the more!!! i had to donate a pint of blood for my surgery,just in case i'd need it(of course,i didn't),and because i was stressed beyond mental endurance,i had a mild tightness in the chest,so it took awhile before i could get the all-clear to donate,per my physician's letter to the American Red Cross!!!!! it's something that has to be addressed by the primary physician,since the A R C would not allow me to donate blood in the presence of even mild,unchecked chest tightness. i didn't even take any medication to relieve stress. i just had to "think it gone",before i could donate,and the donation procedure went without a hitch,thank god. are you self-donating blood for your surgery? i had 2 months of iron therapy prior to surgery,beyond the donation point. not that i am anemic,but it's just to safeguard my blood supply and my doctor thought it a good idea. well,good luck to you!!! you'll be fine. the waiting,and the post-op gas,are the hardest to deal with!!!!!
Unread 01-31-2002, 05:28 PM

Yay, Kim! So glad the pre-op went well for you. The things we put ourselves through...the reality is almost never as bad as our imaginations, right???

Relax, hang out, keep breathing, and soon you will be DONE with all this!!!!

We're all here, ing you on!!!

Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register