New | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-08-2002, 10:34 AM
New

Hello:
First of all, sorry for my english. I'm spanish, from Madrid. We don't have forums like this in spanish, so, as I'm going to have a TVH on 18th November, I've been searching for information anywhere.

That's why I'm here with you.

I was so upset when the doctor told me I had to be 1 month without working that I didn't ask any thing about the TVH.

I am 47 and live alone with my son (18) and would like to know if I will be all right to do cook for example when I am back home.

Would like to know also if the TVH causes much pain or not. As Merlin and some others I'm horrified because I have denture .

Sorry again for my english, and thanks for this marvellous forum.

Kisses
Valle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2002, 10:58 AM
New

Hi Valle!

Welcome to HysterSisters! I had a TAH, so I can't really tell you how much pain there is with a TVH. Also, since everyone is different with different thresholds of pain, others can just give you their impressions.

Cooking: I think you may find that it will be at least a week before you feel up to cooking anything, and then it will probably be very simple things.

Best wishes!
Unread 11-08-2002, 11:10 AM
New

I had TVH BSO w/ posterior repairs. I made out well, but you'll need to take it easy. You won't be up to cooking first week and then very simple things after that. I am 3 1/2 wks post-op and just this last week started fixing more complex meals and driving and getting around more. If I do too much though, my body really lets me know. Let your son wait on you. Good luck!
Trudy
P.S. Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2002, 12:02 PM
New

I am a single mom with two kids. I've made extra of some things...like chili or stew or pasta dishes and frozen some. They can handle fixing a salad and microwaving. Maybe you can fix a few things now? Otherwise, there are always the frozen food meals as an option. Perhaps you can put a few in the freezer too?

Take care of yourself...and come post anytime. Your English is better than you think!

I don't speak Spanish, but my coworker does...so
Con Sinceridad
galendwilder
Unread 11-09-2002, 02:12 AM
Thanks

Thank you very much for your answers and support. I wish we had a forum like this in spanish. I think there are a lot of spanish women worried about her hysterectomy and they don't have a place in which talking about it.

I have fear when I don't know what is going to happen to me, fear to the unknown, (aggg, I would like to speak a better english, because I cannot express just what I'm thinking about) .

Kisses and good look for everyone.
Unread 11-09-2002, 02:56 AM
Each day is a new day

I have TAH, 40 hours in hospital, and felt I could have drove home, just sore and tight..I am high risk, 6 transfusion in one month, and 100 pounds overweight, and I managed--without pain pills--each day stronger and stronger--I say be day 3 I was okay--5 I was great, 7 staples out--day 8 on the road--short mini trips---with consent of course-since I live alone, I stayed with mom 2 of the days--but, I wanted to help and do little things...go at your own pace--it is the best way--and keep off your legs as much as you can......you will know when your body demands rest..lots of juice--vitamins, and water--and walking helps....easy does it..Pamlea TAH/BSO 10/30/02..and feeling better every day---a new lease on life Lots of soups and "microwave" stuff--helped..and plenty of juice on board--and fruit cups--were most helpful for me---
Unread 11-09-2002, 05:03 AM
New

Valle...
Fear of the unknown and being nervous is perfectly normal, I think. Not just for hysterectomy surgery but for everything we do in life.

Come visit us often and just ask if something doesn't translate clearly for you from English to Spanish. I know there are sisters out here who can make it clear and your English is very good.

Cheers!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register