Dx with Complex endometrial hyperplasia with mild atypia - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dx with Complex endometrial hyperplasia with mild atypia Dx with Complex endometrial hyperplasia with mild atypia

Unread 10-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Dx with Complex endometrial hyperplasia with mild atypia

I wanted to let everyone know that responded to me that I have an
appt. Friday 8:00am with a gyn/onc. I am hoping that he will help me feel better and help me know exactly what decision I need to make without any doubts. I hope I'm not dissappointed.
This forum and web site has helped me so much. Thanks again for the information and concern.

Take care,
Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2005, 06:29 PM

Dear Cranky Jo,

I think/hope seeing an onc/gyn will help clarify things for you. No doubt about it ...these are all tough decisions and must be carefully weighed. I would suggest you make sure that you understand all aspects/implications of your possible choices.

From my own personal experience I tend to agree with LA41950. I wish I had had a hysterectomy sooner as well. I had complex hyperplasia with atypia as my D&C diagnosis. But, endometrial cancer was the diagnosis on my path report after my TAH/BSO. I also hated to part with my ovaries ( I miss those babies, lol) But, in the end, I am glad I did, as I soon came to understand the 'full' impact of cancer on my life. These are just my feelings and I am sure other sisters have different opinons.

It is also my understanding that megace works better on younger woman and is not as successful on someone older. If you choose this option I would be monitered very, very closely.

We all need to make decisions that are right for us as individuals. I hope it works out the way you would like it to.

Please keep us posted.

Hugs, Diane (baylee6)
Unread 10-18-2005, 06:50 AM

Cranky Jo: Your story sounds much like mine 2 years ago. I, too, had a discharge all summer long and I had problems with swollen and tender breasts. I had had a change in blood pressure medication and thought it was related to that change. My GP was on maternity leave so I didn't get it checked out until Oct. After a series of tests (ultrasound, then hysteroscopy) I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer and had a TAH/BSO -- all within 24 days time. I was 57 years old and had been menopausal for about 2 years.

What I've found after all of this is that I feel so good! I found that whatever was happening to my body had sapped the energy from me for years and I now felt good again. Gone was the nagging backache and the general tired feeling. When I asked my gyn how long such a cancer could have been growing, he answered -- years!

From what I've heard, Megace doesn't work all that well on older women. And there are the problems with the emotional toll it takes. I should add that some of the issues with the hormone replacement studies of the Womens Health Initiative that got so much press a few years ago (increased heart problems, etc) were most prominent in the group that got the progesterone along with the estrogen. The use of Megace would require a lot of followup and more D&Cs in your future. While a hysterectomy is major surgery and should be avoided if possible, it may be the best choice for many.

I hope your appointment with a gyn/onc helps you to sort out all your questions. They are the experts when an issue of cancer is suspected and are the best to do the surgery if you so choose. Good luck.

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2005, 08:03 PM

Dear Cranky Jo,

You are in my prayers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register