dVH/RALH Almost 2 months post hysterectomy: 2nd opinions again... stupid ovaries!!! Rant, help! | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Almost 2 months post hysterectomy: 2nd opinions again... stupid ovaries!!! Rant, help! Almost 2 months post hysterectomy: 2nd opinions again... stupid ovaries!!! Rant, help!

Unread 08-16-2017, 02:09 PM
Almost 2 months post hysterectomy: 2nd opinions again... stupid ovaries!!! Rant, help!

Background: I saw my psych aprn today, who also went through a hysterectomy a few months ago, so she knows what I'm going through... My irritability is off the chain for ADHD/bipolar, body has no temperature control, more emotional. She knows I had a bad at the hospital. So she told me to see another OB to see what they think is going on because mine brushed it off. My ovaries have taken me hostage. I'm going back to my ob I used to see that I couldn't use for surgery due to what hospital she operates at. I'm scared but I feel comfortable with her and she's not affiliated with the network where I had surgery. Has anyone gone back to an old doctor for help? My surgeon has kinda brushed me off in her office now that I don't bring in money.ugh...funny, can't have kids, no body parts left, they kinda say you don't matter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2017, 05:47 PM
Re: 2nd opinions again...stupid ovaries!!! Rant, help!

it might take a little bit for your ovaries to start working at 100%. do you get daily exercise...walking? maybe the gyn can do a hormone panel and see where your levels are....
Unread 08-16-2017, 07:16 PM
Re: 2nd opinions again...stupid ovaries!!! Rant, help!

For me, it was somewhere between 12-16 weeks before my ovaries were somewhere near normal.

Have you been keeping a symptom diary? That may help your new/old OB/Gyn sift through what might be needed. I mentioned the article on Food Choices with Plant Estrogens when you posted about hot flashes a week ago. Check for OTC products which may help you get over the hump.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2017, 10:37 PM
Almost 2 months post hysterectomy: 2nd opinions again... stupid ovaries!!! Rant, help!

I'll look into those, my aprn had her Hysterectomy a few months ago and told me to go get the 2nd opinion. I. I'm on mood stabilizers, can the natural stuff interact with those? I am starting exercise again, gotta love Pokemon go for motivation!! I'm trying to get back into life and Everytime I do I get hit with something else. today felt off... Painful swelly belly and irritability.
Thanks ladies y'all are blessings and amazing, time to look at those articles, I see the doctor on the 30th.
Unread 08-17-2017, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy_kitten View Post
Background: I saw my psych aprn today, who also went through a hysterectomy a few months ago, so she knows what I'm going through... My irritability is off the chain for ADHD/bipolar, body has no temperature control, more emotional. She knows I had a bad at the hospital. So she told me to see another OB to see what they think is going on because mine brushed it off. My ovaries have taken me hostage. I'm going back to my ob I used to see that I couldn't use for surgery due to what hospital she operates at. I'm scared but I feel comfortable with her and she's not affiliated with the network where I had surgery. Has anyone gone back to an old doctor for help? My surgeon has kinda brushed me off in her office now that I don't bring in money.ugh...funny, can't have kids, no body parts left, they kinda say you don't matter
It takes time for the ovaries to bounce back as the blood supply has been severed. This reduced estrogen contributes to many symptoms-hormonal moodiness, fatigue, insomnia, hot/cold flashes, headaches, brain fog, etc. Your frustrations may also compound your other issues.

If you feel more comfortable w the other Dr, then that may be more reassuring. Ask to check your thyroid in addition to hormones. Ask if taking some type of hormone treatment is advisable for you. Also discuss natural remedies. Also talk to your Dr that prescribes any medication you may be on for ADHD & bipolar to see if any adjustments need to be made for medications..
Unread 08-17-2017, 08:22 AM
Re: Almost 2 months post hysterectomy: 2nd opinions again...stupid ovaries!!! Rant, help!

Thanks everyone for being so supportive and understanding. I read the articles on estrogen and menopause, does anyone have experience with estroven?

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register