Scheduled TLH 25, adenomyosis, hysterectomy 8/13 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

25, adenomyosis,  hysterectomy 8/13 25, adenomyosis, hysterectomy 8/13

Unread 08-11-2014, 12:47 PM
25, adenomyosis, hysterectomy 8/13

I'm 25 and having my hysterectomy in 2 days...so nervous..but it would be awesome to make some friends who are my age that understand

I'm still kind of new here and I'm going crazy at home.. my nerves about surgery are starting to really get to me... I have cleaned everything..done all the laundry and have started packing my hospital bag.. tomorrow I work for a few hours (I do hair so it may not even be that long) Then come home and start my bowel prep... I just have a couple questions..
1. Should I bring my overnight bag in the morning before sugery, or should I have someone bring it once in my room?
2. I started my period yesterday (which wasn't do for awhile) and it is worse than ever..they will still do surgery right?
3. How did visitors in the hospital go? I have a few people who want to come hang with me..but I don't know what to tell them if they should or not..
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Re: 25, adenomyosis, hysterectomy 8/13

Good luck to you. I too have Adenomyosis and am scheduled for 4 weeks from today. I started my period today, horrific cramps and all and I hope this will be my last one ever. I have read that other women have been on their period the day of their surgery and they still had the surgery done. I cannot advise you on the other stuff since I have not yet gone through it. Please let us know how it goes.
Unread 08-11-2014, 05:38 PM

My hospital said to have someone bring your bag in after the surgery. Yes, they will still do your surgery. And...unless these are very, very close friends, they might not want to just come hang out as you will be rather loopy. Perhaps a visit after you go home...and they can bring supper!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2014, 06:12 PM

Your surgeon will likely still do your surgery when you're menstruating. It's important to call his office though and just make sure.
Menstrating

Regarding visitors, it's really up to you and how social you are. I had 2 friends stop by to see me. I was asleep each time one of them came by, and for the other it was a struggle to make conversation. I really only wanted my husband. You will be on heavy meds and have a catheter... Not really ideal visiting conditions. I suggest saving visitors for when you're home.
Unread 08-11-2014, 09:24 PM

I have my TAH scheduled for Wednesday morning as well. Hope all goes well, and I will be looking forward to seeing your posts in the post op thread!

My hospital said for me to leave my bag in the car when I got to the hospital. Once I'm moved back to recovery, either my mom or husband will retrieve my overnight bag from the car. That way, I don't have to worry about any of my items being lost or misplaced while I'm out of the room during surgery. As far as visitors go, I was told I could only have 2 in the room at a time.
Unread 08-11-2014, 11:09 PM

Hi Ladies in waiting! for those of you having your surgery for suspected adenomyosis, please, please, be sure that you have exhausted all other options. Although adenomyosis can possibly be seen on mri and ultrasound, it can also be a false positive with the pathology coming back negative.

I just had surgery on July 10 due to years of chronic pain and adenomysosis diagnosed via mri and ultrasound. Pathology came back negative. I am in worse pain now than before surgery with new symptoms induced by surgery. I have been told by the surgeon I probably did not need the surgery and it was never the adenomysosis causing the pain. I am still bleeding at almost 5 weeks out, cry everyday with regret and feel that women told they have adenomyosis are not evaluated and treated less invasively. they are told a hysterectomy is the only solution. It is not and I would give anything to have my uterus bck and deal with the little bit of pain I was having versus this nightmare now.

I will be praying for you all, I know you are all like me and think I am doing the right thing, my doctor has to be right, I have researched this thing so much, my friends say they felt better in five days...I heard it all and more. Please be sure!
Unread 08-12-2014, 12:55 AM
25, adenomyosis, hysterectomy 8/13

had mine before I turned 21
Unread 08-12-2014, 08:12 AM

((onthespot)) is correct, the only way to definitively diagnose adeno is by pathology. And hysterectomy is a major surgery with the possibility of serious complications. I had my TVH due to cervical dysplasia and suspected adeno. I am now 3 years post op and I am also in terrible pain everyday and regret my surgery. I wish I had tried anything and everything else before hysterectomy. I sincerely hope you have better results from your surgery.
Unread 08-12-2014, 08:49 AM

Thank you all for your support and comments. It's not only adeno I have problems with. I should have specified.. I had Mirena after I had my second child and it got lost and lodged in my uterus.. had it removed and got ny tubes tied..since then sex hurts, I get a 7-10 Day period every 2 weeks roughly, clots the size of plums and pain that causes me to not function as a parent or cosmetologist. . We tried different pills and hormones and tried just letting letting my body work it out on its own and nothing helped..with family history it was decided this is the best option for me..I can't keep missing roughly 10 days of work a month because of a period and I miss out on alot at home

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register