Nervous about pre-op on 10th - ovarian cysts? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nervous about pre-op on 10th - ovarian cysts? Nervous about pre-op on 10th - ovarian cysts?

Unread 07-08-2006, 07:36 AM
Nervous about pre-op on 10th - ovarian cysts?

I will be going for my preop appt on Mon July 10th and will be having my surgery on the 18th. Until now I wasn't nervous but starting to get that way. I just hope all goes well. I have ordered the Hyster Sister Guide and should be receiving it before going to the hospital. I had ovarian cyst in the past and the dr. keep telling my parents it was only gas, until I doubled over in pain and my white count went through the roof. The did emeregency surg thinking it was my appendix however, it was ovarian cyst that had burst. So was wondering if the two have anything in common too later cause fibroids and increase the risk of a hyster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2006, 08:55 PM

Hi there!

It's natural to be nervous and anxious about surgery. Take a minute and check out our pre-op checkpoints , where you'll find lots of good information to help you prepare.

You might also want to look at some of our castle stories in the Tell Your Hyst-Story subforum. I know that in the days leading up to my surgery, I spent lots of time reading those stories!

I didn't have ovarian cysts, but I hope another (((sister))) will come along who can give you some more information on that subject as well.

Hope this helps.
Unread 07-08-2006, 09:04 PM

Hi!! My pre-op is on Monday,and surgery on the 19th.I don't have cyst's,but I wanted to say hello and good luck on Monday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2006, 11:08 PM

hey pictwo!
i'm also scheduled for my pre-op on the 10th with my much anticipated (tho anxiety-ridden) h-day on the 17th. i had my first ovarian cyst rupture about 8 years ago. happened in the middle of the night, i was doubled over in a rictus of pain and felt i should go to the er. the sharp-sharp pain passed within a half an hour so i didn't seek immediate help, but i was scared! my family doc thought it was a kidney stone and i went for a test which showed nothing. fast forward to 2 years ago. same pain. this time i had horrible period-type cramps for the following day so i went to my gyno. the sono showed i had ruptured a cyst. she seemed rather unconcerned and sent me home. a year later it happened again. sono, rinse, repeat. however, the following days after this newest rupture, i just didn't feel right. i was teaching a class and had to leave the room because i was in so much pain. i called my gyno and told her, "something's wrong. i don't feel right." she said, "you had a burst cyst, that's all. you should be fine now." i replied, "no, something is wrong, i don't feel right." she said (and i kid you not), "there's this thing going around called the flu. look into it." (click of her phone). sooooooo, needless to say, i got myself another gyno the next day. a wonderful, caring woman who found that i had another cyst on the other ovary, this time a dermoid cyst (nasty thing with a tooth, bone and hair fragments in it) which had adhered itself to my ovary. this past january, i had a laproscopic removal of the cyst and the ovary it had melded to. during the operation my gyno (who is also a surgeon) discovered that i had fibroids as well as stage four endo - my uterus was stuck to my abdominal wall, there were endo adhesions all over my colon, bladder and remaining ovary - just one hot, sticky endo concert going on with fibroids as the opening act! whew, was i glad i had finally found out the reason for my years of suffering through bad cramps, painful bowel movements and several cystic ruptures! hope that you know you are not alone in this experience and best wishes for your h-day from another sister
Unread 07-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Thanks

Just wanted to say Thank You for the confidence builders. It sure does help that there are others out there going through the same thing. It will be a bit difficult for me being the only family I have here are my in-laws and other half. He has been supportive thus far and hope that all goes well not only with my surgery but for all the other women that are going through the same thing now and in the past and those in the future. Here's a hug for all
Unread 07-09-2006, 11:42 AM

Hi Pic2 ~~

I'm also heading for my preop tomorrow. It looks like there's a few of us that'll be on our way to the castle.

I get HORRIBLE complex cysts. My gyn always gets scans and keeps track of them. They normally burst and end up bleeding....totally painful.

My gyn hasn't said anything about a link between them and fibroids....not to wig you out, but my gyn, in my case, was/is more worried about ovarian cancer with them as they are complex and my family rx has two maternal generations of ovarian and uterine cancer.

Good luck at your preop tomorrow. Check in when you get back so we can compare notes.
Unread 07-09-2006, 06:13 PM

Sure thing. I hope all goes well for you to!!!!!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register