Sore abdomen at 5 weeks post-TAH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sore abdomen at 5 weeks post-TAH Sore abdomen at 5 weeks post-TAH

Unread 08-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Sore abdomen at 5 weeks post-TAH

I went back to work part-time at 3 weeks, but my abdomen is still very very sore. It has been 5 weeks since my TAH. Is my abdomen not supposed to still be hurting? I need to go back to work FT in 2 weeks. Hope I get the ok!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2008, 04:31 PM

I have a high tollerence for pain! (i have been married and divorced twice...LOL) I've stopped all the no no stuff (working on the home renovation!) Thank you guy for helping me there! I don't want to mess up my healing so I can get on with my life! My body is not good at telling me things...heck...my appendix reptured early in July and I worked my full shift and waited till the next day to go to the DR! But I'm listening to you guys! And these twings tell me it is time to rest! So, I'm going to enjoy the rest of my healing time!

Much thanks!
Unread 08-19-2008, 05:40 PM

Hi Busy as a bee!

As we always say here on Hystersisters.com: Everyone is different. In answer to your question, all I can do is share my experience:

I was still feeling stiff and achy at 5 weeks post-TAH/BSO even though I had a "texbook perfect" surgery and was in excellent health overall. I was given a six-week disability period from my gynecologist, although since I work primarily out of a home-office setting, I started to ease back into easy tasks at just ten days post-op. Translation: I answered some e-mails and opened regular mail while wearing my pajamas.

My best advice to you is to listen to your body. If you feel tired, then rest. Do remember that in the grand scheme of things, you are still early post-op from major surgery.

Many s and Best Wishes,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2008, 07:39 PM

I think what happens is that we start feeling a little better and doing more things, which cause you to use your core muscles more. Remember you are still healing, so sit back and take it easy when you can especially if you feel sore in your tummy. Ice packs and heating pads feel great...just be careful if you put them on skin that is numb from the incision.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register