Hypoglycemic??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hypoglycemic??? Hypoglycemic???

Unread 02-21-2014, 06:18 AM
Hypoglycemic???

Since my surgery 3 weeks ago, every morning I wake up to the feeling of nausea and the feeling I need to eat now! Once I have eaten the problem resolves itself. I haven't given it much thought, and it hasnt been a question i have raised at my post op appoinments because i thought my body was just telling me to eat more since I have been eating light.

Yesterday, i was at an appoinment for my kids and it ran long. I became hungry, then nauseas and as minutes passed I was shaky, light headed and sweating. Fortunately, I had a small snack in the car that I ate and it resolved the problem almost immediatly. In searching the internet, (because I can't sleep) I seem to have symptoms of hypoglycemia. Has anyone else had this problem after surgery? i have an appointment on Wednesday and wonderinf if I should call before then.

Thamk you in advance for your replies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2014, 06:45 AM
Re: Hypoglycemic???

I am hypoglycemic. You're describing the exact syptoms I get when my sugar levels drop. I would make a docor appointment asap. You can pass out from this and, if it gets bad enough, you can fall into a coma. Always keep high carb snacks on you and avoid high sugar foods. Hopefully it'll just be temporary for you. I have been living with this for years
Unread 02-21-2014, 06:48 AM

You're healing from major surgery and that means an increased need for calories. I think your body is sending that message loud and clear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2014, 06:58 AM

I have had those symptoms from time to time throughout my adult life. When I have it checked out...doctor's immediately label me as pre-diabetic....probably because I am also overweight. But I'm not.....my blood sugar never goes high...it just goes low. I HAVE found that my blood sugar crashes a few hours after eating a high carb meal...such as crackers. (So I believe it's called "insulin re-active" or "carb reactive" or something like that. It's never been anything I need to worry about....I just avoid high carb meals and I carry a sugary candy with me at all times. (I like to take a teaspoon of honey if my "crash" isn't too advanced because honey has so many other health benefits!) I'm wondering if your blood sugar crashes are something like that? I would definitely bring it to your doctor's attention ASAP..and have some testing done to rule out diabetes. It's a really scary feeling when it goes so low, and it can become deadly pretty quickly. You are very wise to carry some candy with you! Good luck!
Unread 02-21-2014, 07:25 AM

Thank you ladies for your responses. I will call doctor when they open this morning

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register