I am having a hysterectomy and terrified | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am having a hysterectomy and terrified I am having a hysterectomy and terrified

Unread 01-10-2006, 04:20 PM
I am having a hysterectomy and terrified

I am so afraid I do not know what to do. I am a young women who has abused her body for years. Actually allowing others to abuse it. STD's and different treatments have gotten me to this point. Please tell me your "I was/am afraid stories" and how you got through them. Please. My surgery date is 2/07/06 at 6 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2006, 05:06 PM

Hey! soon-to- be hystersister, stop beating yourself up. We have all done things that we are not really proud of. All that matters now is that you treat yourself well. It is really a lot of help to stay in touch with this site. I didn't discover it until post surgery but I would have lost my mind with my own fears if it were not for this site. I understand your fear, there was a hysterectomy related tragedy in my family a few years ago that made me terrified of this operation. I won't tell you that you are silly for being scared, your not. This is major surgery and the recovery is not easy. What I will say is that I was ready to jump off of the stretcher five minutes before the surgery but now I know that I should have gone ahead with the operation 3 years ago when I first found out that I needed it. It has been worth it to get rid of all of the gyn problems and pain. What type of hysterectomy are you having? Feel free to private message if you want to.
Tina
Unread 01-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Don't Blame Yourself

There is no way I can stress enough that you cannot put the blame on you. The body of a woman is so complicated. We always seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to "problems", don't we? Nothing we do is positively good for us or our bodies. We have all done "something" at one time or another. So it's ok. Have no shame, as none of us look down upon you. We all are going through this, for all different reasons. Your reasoning is no worse, or better than any of ours. We do not judge, so let you not be judged. Things will work out for you, as they should. Take care of yourself. God Bless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2006, 05:49 PM

Hi houseofsharon and

We're happy to have you as a member of the Hystersisters community! There is a ton of solid information on the site, and the members have unlimited hugs to dispense at all stages of your journey to good health!

Until your surgery, please post your questions and concerns here in the Pre-Op Forum. I also suggest you enroll in Checkpoints, which was designed to accompany you through the entire "hysterectomy experience" and beyond!

Many s and Best Wishes,
Unread 01-10-2006, 07:23 PM

Sweety, Don't beat yourself up. I had my TVH (total vaginal hysterectomy) 8 weeks ago because of an HPV virus. Things happen and all we can do is move forward and do what is nessecary to be healthy .
We all were scared before our surgerys, and we understand how you feel. Don't worry, it's normal to be afraid. Keep coming here and ask as many questions as you like. you will find hugs, support and wonderful ladies who are either waiting to have surgery like you, or those like me who have had it and were all still here . I wish you the Best !
Unread 01-10-2006, 07:45 PM

It doesn't mayyer what you've done, I have 2 DD & all I can say is thank goodness they didn't follow in my footsteps but at 30 & 31 they are starting to go through what I did regardless of their better lifestyles. So don't beat yourself up over this .
As far as being scared MOST of us were terrified...it's the waiting our imagination gets carried away What I did was come to this site & read everything I could...sure made me feel better to know so many women of ALL ages have gotten through this . Educate yourself so you'll have your fears/questions answered by your Dr. Get your home prepared, frozen diners, laundry, spring clean the house, it will keep you busy. You have a lot to do to prepare for coming home focus on that, make sure to look at the checklist & pre-op questions & we are here 24/7 . I pray for an uneventful surgery & recovery for you!

's & God Bless
Lori

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register